• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Remy Shand: Anyone here have any news?

tim gueguen

Well, this is the 21st Century, where recording a pop album can take as long as designing and building the first prototype of a jet fighter.

weezy

Strangely enough, my best friend grew up w/ him in Winnipeg - they were very tight. When Remy first got signed to Motown, they weer still talking a few times a week. I'll ask him about Remy and report back soon....(my friend is away on vacation right now)

funkycam

Strangely enough, my best friend grew up w/ him in Winnipeg - they were very tight. When Remy first got signed to Motown, they weer still talking a few times a week. I'll ask him about Remy and report back soon....(my friend is away on vacation right now)
Weezy that sounds great. exactly what i was looking for :AOK
Best,
Cam

weezy

I just spoke with my friend about Remy and apparently he went through a divorce close to when he started recording the new album (my friend has heard some if it and says it's amazing). It tore him up but it also complicated the release date. There is some kind of law regarding money made within a certain amount of time of the divorce can be claimed by his ex.... hence the delay in releasing the album.

He's also a bit of a recluse and eccentric, so there are undoubtedly other reasons for the delay... He's living in Manitoba and just chillin these days - I'm sure we haven't heard the last of him.

SurfGreenTele

Silver Supporting Member
I have to revive this thread. Wondering if Remy will ever release the 2nd album that Weezy mentioned.

'The Way I Feel' is insanely great - and the dude played every instrument, sang every vocal, mixed & produced the whole thing. It's gotta be one of the best records of the past decade.

Absolutely sick bass playing from 2:00 on...

m4had

He's back! Got his own label and channel on youtube with new material!! My favorite artist from the 2000's by far! Looking forward to more :)

Trending Topics