Rental amp comparable to Suhr Badger 18

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by T-Rad, Mar 12, 2015.

1. T-Rad

T-Rad Member

Can anyone tell me what amp is comparable to a Suhr Badger 18? I own a badger 18 but on fly dates I can't bring it with and the venue I'm playing at rents me amps, so what amps out there are similar? If rental companies carried boutique amps this wouldn't be a problem!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. guitarstar2005

guitarstar2005 Member

A buddy of mine that plays with several big artists uses his Kemper with ONLY his Badger 18 profiles for all his fly dates... Several people ( myself included) have gone the profiler/ modeler route for fly dates.

3. T-Rad

T-Rad Member

The Kemper would be ideal for the situation but unfortunately I don't have the dough for one right now. I used to use a POD HD500. That was really easy to carry around and sounded great but there's nothing quite like running pedals with a tube amp.

Thanks for the response!

4. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    I'm seriously thinking it's Kemper time. I play tube amps, but for flying, consider carrying a small SS power amp like a Quilter Tone Block, or Crate Power Block and some effects. Maybe, instead of effects, a Tech 21 Fly Rig5 or RK5, and small portable amp like the Quilter. Then all they will need to supply you with is a speaker cab.

No, you won't have the Suhr tones, but you will sure (Suhr) be smiling when it's time to load in/load out, and the sounds from these devices should be more then good enough so that you don't really suffer too aweful much. ymmv