Repair recommendations - TC Electronic 2290

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by Serious Poo, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Hi, my TC Electronic 2290 delay is acting up and needs servicing. I understand that TC no longer repairs them, but was curious if any of you could recommend a shop you've personally done business with. Looking forward to your responses. Many thanks in advance!

ctreitzell likes this.
  2. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

Has battery ever been changed? They get goofy with old battery.
    Sorry, don't know of a shop.

ctreitzell likes this.
  3. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for your note. The unit's creating some pretty significant volume spikes and fluctuations, it's been doing this for maybe 2-3 weeks now. Does a worn battery cause that?

ctreitzell likes this.
  4. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

Not positive. Sorry.

ctreitzell likes this.
  5. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

ctreitzell likes this.
  6. DieHon

DieHon Member

It may hurt what I'll tell you buy it need to be said.

Repair it and sell it. I've had two 2290 and both started to act crazy. I repaired them and sold. Unfortunately those units are not reliable anymore and I know a lot of people who is having problems with them.

I bought a korg dl8000 and never looked back. I like it better than the tc actually.

Nowadays keeping some vintage rack gear is too expensive. I've had an AMS 1580 too. Amazing unit, but try to see the repair prices for it. It doesn't worth anymore.

7. guitarplayer1

guitarplayer1 Member

guitarjazz, ctreitzell and Charvel951 like this.
  8. Serious Poo

Thank you all for your replies, greatly appreciated! I'm going to do everything I can to keep the 2290 running great, it's got a unique sound & feel I haven't been able to emulate accurately with other rack units.

ctreitzell likes this.
  9. Serious Poo

Thank you very much for the recommendation! I sent the 2290 to Brian last week and will let everyone know how it turns out when I get it back. Thanks again for the recommendation.

10. markiv2290

markiv2290 Member

Indeed, I bookmarked serveral of these in case I ever need them (TC 2290 owner as well).
    I should probably make PDFs out of those cause HRI is going under next August!

11. Charvel951

Charvel951 Member

How did everything work out?

12. Serious Poo

Great question... :confused:

It’s still on Brian’s workbench, apparently the main board also failed and needed replacement. He tracked one down (they’ve been out of production for years) & is replacing this week. Hopefully that’ll be the last of the repairs needed. Can’t wait to get it back!