Repairing ad999

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Shiny_Beast, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Member

It's been touch and go for a while, but usually comes around after it's been plugged in for a while, or if I take the dc jack out and in a couple times. Last gig the dry signa; was noticably quiet, and now not much of a delay signal. I had one replaced a few years ago, I'm pretty sure I'm out of warrenty.

I'm gonna open it up, anybody know anything about trouble shooting these things? I build amps and pedals for fun, so I have some idea of what's going on, and can read the schematic. What goes wrong with these things, anyone know?

Thanks
    Doug

2. chillytc

chillytc Member

Godlyke fixed mine when I blew it up using the wrong cables with my pedal power.

3. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

My first guess would be a problem in the power supply jackular area.

4. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Member

still lights up the led and the buffered dry signal get's through

5. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Member

so I bought the fancy security torx set, took a ook inside, what looks like the main power filter cap had a rusty looking spot on it, ptobably hot wet at some point. Fought a new one in there, I hate working pn pcbs, did a really crappy job too, works great now.

I'll fix it up with the other smaller tip on my iron at some pint, but it's nice for all this DIY stuff to pay off once in a while :).