Repeater MK2 Loop Based Recorder & Sampler

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nashvillesteve, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

http://www.electrixpro.com/htmlemail/011205/newproductlaunch.html

Anybody see one at NAMM? Price could be comparable to an E-H 2880 + expansion pedal, but I'm not sure it would be a better option, as I really think the E-H unit might really only have serious multitrack stereo looping competition possibly from the new Boomerang (what gives? where is it?) or the 2-3 times more expensive Looperlative gear (that's not counting any type of foot controller)...

2. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, what Splatt said.

And another warning; If you do get your hands on a used Mark I w/1.1 software, be aware that very few compact flash cards have the Hitachi controller chip set that's absolutely essential to the Repeater. I have had one heck of a time finding these CFCs - and they're invariably expensive compared to the half dozen other types I've bought and returned (at least I can now use the ones I couldn't return w/my DigiTech JamMan).

Something else that bears mention is the fact that it's not exactly plug & play, either. This probably isn't an issue for most, but as lo-tech analog kinda guy, the Repeater has proven to be way too complicated for live looping. There's stuff in there I still don't have the hang of:confused:

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I think I'll wait until the Boomerang 2 comes out and see how it stacks up against the E-H 2880 (seems like the dream looper to me, simple & feature-laden)...

4. drezdin

drezdin Member

I sold my original jamman a few months ago and just recently got a gibson echoplex. It's really overwhelming compared to my old jamman. There are so many features. The manual makes me :crazy

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The Gibson one looks cool, don't see those online much anywhere... how much does one set you back, and can it run in stereo? I like the control unit (which I'm sure is a pretty penny on its own as well)...

6. drezdin

drezdin Member