Replace bridge on '75 strat?

versatel

Ive read these 70s tremolo bridges leave something to be desired. Any recommendations for upgrade? Playing mostly 60's psychedelic stuff...

murkat

I like sea otters
Silver Supporting Member
My 75' Strat is pretty much stock. Very few are. Is yours?
I guess what I am getting at, A 75' stock strat has a certain sound character from the sum of all parts be it good or bad.
It has its own sound.
adding or deleting parts from it will change it's sound, unknowing better or worse.
Having other strats and have modded those... for better or worse...
My 75' strat is pretty much stock. It was modded in the past, but sounded the best stock, with the stock bridge.
All who play it, plugged in or un plugged say "wow, nice reissue", then I tell them to look closer.... ;)

To answer your question, it could, but then, it may not. It will change the character of thou

GoZpB3a.jpg

Jason_77

Did your bridge suddenly sound worse after you read that? If you like how it sounds, it's probably best to just leave it and enjoy it.

Texsunburst59

I guess you can only hear what you read?

There's really nothing glaringly wrong with a stock '75 Strat.

I did a trade for a '75 Mocha Strat on
CL 2 yrs. ago

I traded $500 Am. Tele for it.

Other than the upgraded Grover tuners an the tort pick guard, it still has the original electronic s, neck,body, and pickups.

It sounds amazing and the only thing I changed was the pick guard.

I'd leave it as is.

Last edited:

bluesoul

70's bridges were pot metal with die cast zinc saddles. While you might hear folks talking these trems down, there is not much to be gained by swapping out for a steel block version. The saddles don't last nearly as long as the stamped ones. If you do anything....just put some new saddles on it. Use the Fender stamped pure vintage and leave the original trem in place.

versatel

70's bridges were pot metal with die cast zinc saddles. While you might hear folks talking these trems down, there is not much to be gained by swapping out for a steel block version. The saddles don't last nearly as long as the stamped ones. If you do anything....just put some new saddles on it. Use the Fender stamped pure vintage and leave the original trem in place.
Great response! That's the info I was hoping for ... Thanks!

Baxtercat

Those pot-metal saddle bridges aren't very good.
I think the block and plate are integral/one-piece too.
Probably another CBS cost-cutting move.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom