Replace DD-2 and CE-2 with a GT-8?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by odgeuk, Feb 20, 2012.

1. odgeuk

odgeuk Member

Hi All,

I've been eyeing up Boss GT-8's as they are very cheap on the used market. I see Nuno uses one in his FX Loop for Delays and Verbs and if it's good enough for him.........

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on getting one of these to replace my DD-2 and CE-2 pedals. How close is the GT-8 modelling to the Boss pedals it emulates? I've not used a GT-8, but presumbaly the presets are all supposed to be representations of Boss Pedals?

I'm not at all interested in the Overdrives and Distortions, just want a good unit which can go in the FX loop (but could put effects in front if required with the 4-cable-method). I'd probably still have a Tuner and Phase 90 on the board but other than that, the aim is to get all FX from a single unit.

I notice Nuno still uses a Boss OC-2 / OC-3 on his board. I woudl have expected that the GT-8 would have an Octaver in it already? Is it THAT poor on the GT-8? Or perhaps Nuno only wants to put the GT-8 in the loop and the Octaver doesn't sound good that way?

Feedback, particularly from CE-2 and DD-2 owners welcome!

Maybe the GT-10 is even better at getting the CE-2 and DD-2 sounds?

2. odgeuk

odgeuk Member