Replace George L's with what?

timmerel

Realised the right angle George L's patch cables are sucking a little tone (although the straight jack don't seem to). So:
  1. What are the most transparent right angle jack patch cables?
  2. What are the most transparent longer cables?

tibbon

Lava seems to be the trendy thing now.

I am completely fine with a little tone suck, and in need of more right-angle GL jacks. Any chance I could take yours off your hands?

vbf

Gold Supporting Member
LAVA.....good products....awesome customer service.

scott1568

I love my Bill and Becky Lawrence cables, (lookup Wilde pickups). High quality, low capacitance per foot, and inexpensive compared to others.

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
I went from George L's to Bill Lawerence (a step up in full/flat response) to Zaolla (which is what I also use for leads) and that was another bump up in my effort to sound more direct. It's pricey and I can't change cable lengths in 5 minutes but they sound greT and seem plenty durable.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
1/4" Switchcraft pancake plugs soldered onto George L cable works very well for me.

stevewire

Cheaper and just as good as Lava IMO.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I own some of both and they sound quite different to my ears. IMO the Planet Waves are a bit muddy and not as clear as the Lava ELCs; although the PWs are priced less.

cajone5

Some guy
Gold Supporting Member
+1 for lava
Have used mine for quite a while with no complaints

LOL...I never noticed tone suckage with george ls...hell if you have no reliability issues with the george ls, consider yourself blessed and keep em...

i DID however have reliability issues and went to planet waves...couldnt be happier...tone is not better or worse, just different, less trebly...

I have heard nothing but good stuff on lava...for me it would come down to price between lava and planet waves...

timmerel

I think my issue must be mainly from the no solder right angle plugs, as the straight George L's don't seem to do any tone sucking for me.

How do I solder the Switchcraft pancake plugs with George L cables?

strike771377

I'm happy with my Planet Waves. Cheaper and just as good as Lava IMO.
I personally have planet waves and am definitely NOT impressed. The cable and the right-angled ends are very large compared to george l and they are not a very good design. the screw that holds the end together is before the curve of the right angle and so ALL of my ends are splitting at the curve. would NOT suggest planet waves.

DeaconBlues

"How do I solder the Switchcraft pancake plugs with George L cables?"

I'd be interested in some guidance here, as well.

Trending Topics