• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

replace keeley blues driver with a timmy?

amp48

I'm using a keeley bd2 for low gain, sometimes stacked into other od's. How does the timmy compare?
I just wish I could try one out somewhere.

straightblues

They sound different. Listen to the clips. I have owned both. I prefer the Timmy. The BD2 colors your tone more. The Timmy allows you to hear more of your amp tones. Listen to clips and you be the judge. If you buy the Timmy and don't like it, you can easily sell it and get your money back.

I would say get the on Timmy waiting list. You do not pay until it is ready. Make your decision later.

Heady Jam Fan

They sound different. Listen to the clips. I have owned both. I prefer the Timmy. The BD2 colors your tone more. The Timmy allows you to hear more of your amp tones. Listen to clips and you be the judge. If you buy the Timmy and don't like it, you can easily sell it and get your money back.

I would say get the on Timmy waiting list. You do not pay until it is ready. Make your decision later.
Pretty much this! Just get on the list, try it out, if you don't like it, you will make a couple bucks selling it. Kinda win-win, right?

Benjam226

I went to a Tim after months of GAS-ing, finally got it, and decided I liked my Barber LTD better. Why fix what's not broken.

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
I've had both. For a clean boost or tone enhancer the bd2 by Kelley is every bit as nice...in face I might prefer it...especially in fender circuits. The Timmy shines as a dynamic OD. If you had neither and assuming you don't play a Fender I'd say get the Timmy...but I wouldn't spend the coin for a used Timmy while you already have the bd2. Get on the list.

sleejay80

I've used both.

Lots of similarities especially in the lower gain range,
but lots of differences as well.

Unless you use your BD-2 gain knob past 12:00,
Timmy will be more natural, transparent, and tweakable.

But then again, BD-2 has it's own unique character that many, including I, love.

Either way you should state what you want to fix about the Keeley BD-2,
then the usual answer around here would be either a Timmy, Barber LTD.

amp48

I guess there isn't anything wrong with the bd2.
I just hear so much about the Timmy and wonder how much different/better it might be. Like some of you have suggested, I'll probably buy one and flip it if I'm not impressed.

Trending Topics