• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Replace Wah Pedal with Envelope Filter?

dsw67

Anyone replace their Wah Pedal with an Envelope Filter? Or do you kinda need both?

Last edited:

jfusion10

I am planning on it. I hate all wah pedals that I have tried. I personally like how Envelope Filter is Synthier.

taco-man

Platinum Supporting Member
I was going to sell my filter pedal because I wasn't using it, but I joined a funk band and now I need both the wah and filter for different things.
I use wah for the "gwahk-a-qwahk-a meow meeeeow."
I use filter for that "bucka-byow-byow-bucka-braack."
See?
Sorry if this is too technical of an answer.

tone4days

i did - dunlop 535Q out, EHX micro Qtron in ... happy

i suck at wah ... plus i make that face

t4d

archtop

Snow White Auto Wah seems very Wah-like in demos... I'm thinking I might get one.

hazel-rah

Gold Supporting Member
Well, it depends on what you want from your wah...

A filter and a wah will yield much different results, b/c your filter is triggered by pick attack. I would never give up my wah, and I really just use the filter as a novelty sound...b/c it's fun.

jimtaka

Just got a Mad Professor Snow White AutoWah yesterday. Take my opinion with a grain of salt since it's only been two days, but at this point I think it will replace my wah pedal about 90% of the time. I'm not going to put a wah on my board anymore. I'll just bring it along as needed, which I think will be rare. I'm having more fun playing with the SWAW than I ever had with any of my wah pedals and it sounds great!

dwolfggc

I was going to sell my filter pedal because I wasn't using it, but I joined a funk band and now I need both the wah and filter for different things.
I use wah for the "gwahk-a-qwahk-a meow meeeeow."
I use filter for that "bucka-byow-byow-bucka-braack."
See?
Sorry if this is too technical of an answer.
Classic:rotflmao

Top Bottom