Replace Wah Pedal with Envelope Filter?

dsw67

Anyone replace their Wah Pedal with an Envelope Filter? Or do you kinda need both?

Last edited:

jfusion10

I am planning on it. I hate all wah pedals that I have tried. I personally like how Envelope Filter is Synthier.

taco-man

I was going to sell my filter pedal because I wasn't using it, but I joined a funk band and now I need both the wah and filter for different things.
I use wah for the "gwahk-a-qwahk-a meow meeeeow."
I use filter for that "bucka-byow-byow-bucka-braack."
See?
Sorry if this is too technical of an answer.

tone4days

i did - dunlop 535Q out, EHX micro Qtron in ... happy

i suck at wah ... plus i make that face

t4d

archtop

Snow White Auto Wah seems very Wah-like in demos... I'm thinking I might get one.

hazel-rah

Well, it depends on what you want from your wah...

A filter and a wah will yield much different results, b/c your filter is triggered by pick attack. I would never give up my wah, and I really just use the filter as a novelty sound...b/c it's fun.

jimtaka

Just got a Mad Professor Snow White AutoWah yesterday. Take my opinion with a grain of salt since it's only been two days, but at this point I think it will replace my wah pedal about 90% of the time. I'm not going to put a wah on my board anymore. I'll just bring it along as needed, which I think will be rare. I'm having more fun playing with the SWAW than I ever had with any of my wah pedals and it sounds great!

dwolfggc

I was going to sell my filter pedal because I wasn't using it, but I joined a funk band and now I need both the wah and filter for different things.
I use wah for the "gwahk-a-qwahk-a meow meeeeow."
I use filter for that "bucka-byow-byow-bucka-braack."
See?
Sorry if this is too technical of an answer.

Classic:rotflmao

Trending Topics

Top Bottom