Replaced my Flashback with an Empress Tape Delay

Dr. Lo

Got rid of my Flashback X4 because it took up too much real estate and one of the buttons started getting finicky (about $200 to have TC replace it!!!!!). Did some research and got an Empress Tape Delay. So far, I'm really pleased with the results. Smaller footprint and very pleasing sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
Got rid of my Flashback X4 because it took up too much real estate and one of the buttons started getting finicky (about $200 to have TC replace it!!!!!). Did some research and got an Empress Tape Delay. So far, I'm really pleased with the results. Smaller footprint and very pleasing sounds.
Wow, TC needs to do something about these "repairs". To offer lifetime warranty, for example.

Nystuss

How do you feel about presets vs. tap tempo?

I'm in the midst of a struggle to decide between the Empress and the TC Flashback Triple.

Dr. Lo

How do you feel about presets vs. tap tempo?

I'm in the midst of a struggle to decide between the Empress and the TC Flashback Triple.

Haven't played it in band setting enough to know yet. However, when I had the FBX4, I set my presets with the tempos that I needed for specific songs, so I never used the tap tempo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Topics