Replacement Bridge for Tele?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know what type of bridge will fit on a Fender Japan '53 Reissue Tele? The Joe Barden Tele bridge was recommended (I guess that is what was on there in the past) but it's a tad pricey (halfway down page):
http://gtrheaven.com/joe.htm
I have NO idea about string spacing, etc... but from what I can tell it should have "vintage specs"??? I've seen the Wilkinson compensated 3 brass saddle ones on guitarfetish.com for about half this price. Will that work?
http://store.guitarfetish.com/wicotebrbrsa.html
Any help appreciated.

re-animator

I have a barden bridge and its worth every penny. Considering that the bridge is the second biggest piece of metal to impact your sound (after the pickups), spending $60 instead of $30 might be worth it. When I put on the barden bridge it made almost as much of a difference as a new set of pickups... tons of snap and twang... even sparkle. The MIM tele is a BEAST now with baden and ralin on there. and it intonates as good or better than the 6 saddle that was on there to begin with.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmm... I guess you're right, the Tele bridge really isn't the best place to cut corners. I'm in this deep, might as well keep going :roll
Do you remember if yours came with mounting screws? No mention on the website.

Thanks!

gkoelling

Hmmm... I guess you're right, the Tele bridge really isn't the best place to cut corners. I'm in this deep, might as well keep going :roll
Do you remember if yours came with mounting screws? No mention on the website.

Thanks!
I'm not aware of any Tele bridges that don't come with mounting screws.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Barden and it's a killer bridge. I also use Wilkinson compensated bridges - the plates are thicker than Fender's and the saddles are very nice. I have to cut the lip on the Wilky though they don't come pre shaved.

Trending Topics