1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Bridge for Tele?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gasp100, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Anyone know what type of bridge will fit on a Fender Japan '53 Reissue Tele? The Joe Barden Tele bridge was recommended (I guess that is what was on there in the past) but it's a tad pricey (halfway down page):
    http://gtrheaven.com/joe.htm
    I have NO idea about string spacing, etc... but from what I can tell it should have "vintage specs"??? I've seen the Wilkinson compensated 3 brass saddle ones on guitarfetish.com for about half this price. Will that work?
    http://store.guitarfetish.com/wicotebrbrsa.html
    Any help appreciated.

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I have a barden bridge and its worth every penny. Considering that the bridge is the second biggest piece of metal to impact your sound (after the pickups), spending $60 instead of $30 might be worth it. When I put on the barden bridge it made almost as much of a difference as a new set of pickups... tons of snap and twang... even sparkle. The MIM tele is a BEAST now with baden and ralin on there. and it intonates as good or better than the 6 saddle that was on there to begin with.

3. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Hmmm... I guess you're right, the Tele bridge really isn't the best place to cut corners. I'm in this deep, might as well keep going :roll
    Do you remember if yours came with mounting screws? No mention on the website.

Thanks!

4. doublee

doublee Member

Also look at Callaham.

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I got it second hand in the emporium.

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I'm not aware of any Tele bridges that don't come with mounting screws.

7. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

I have a Barden and it's a killer bridge. I also use Wilkinson compensated bridges - the plates are thicker than Fender's and the saddles are very nice. I have to cut the lip on the Wilky though they don't come pre shaved.