Replacement Cabinet for Magnatone Custom 280

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
I got in a rare Magnatone Custom 280 in for repair, pretty excited to get this going again. It came in a funky head cabinet, with all sorts of strange things going on.

So I am looking for either the specs to make a repro cab for the Magnatone or one to purchase. Any help would be most appreciated. Customer is a cabinet maker, so I know he can do the work, but I don't have dimensions to give him.

Also, I know the originals came with 2 12" oxfords and 2 5" tweeters. I have some 30Watt 8ohm Weber 12A125A speakers available, would those be suitable for this amp tone wise?

IMG_0611_zpsvz08rxp3.jpg

IMG_0612_zps7rwfb61p.jpg

IMG_0613_zpstjiiwxn7.jpg

IMG_0614_zps2cfbovwx.jpg

IMG_0615_zpsdwphl7kx.jpg

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if what I am asking for (cap dimensions or repro cab) doesn't exist, it would be good to know that.

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
If that is the one with the two 5 x 7 tweeters, I have two vintage Oxfords for that. Will sell them cheap.

I think the custom 280 had two 5inch tweeters. Owner of the amp said the original speakers burned up in a fire, at least the amp didn't. Speakers according to the site should be Oxford 12L25N.

Sent you a pm.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom