Replacement footswitch for the "94" Fender Pro Tube Twin Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Agramal, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Agramal

Agramal Member

I recently scored one of these amps, but alas, it doesn't have a footswitch and I'm learning that they are exceedingly rare.

The amp in question is actually a three-channel Twin that was made into 2002 I believe, at which point Fender added tremolo and a four-button footswitch. My amp doesn't have tremolo and would have had a three-button switch: gain select, channel and reverb. The third channel on this puppy is Fender's take on high-gain, which is...well, interesting.

Anyway, the switch spec is 0994064000. I posted this to the Fender forum too but wanted to come here as well to see if anyone can offer tips.

My real question at this point is: Will anything else work with this amp? I was thinking of trying a Roland FS-6 latching footswitch. I know that's only two buttons but I don't really need to turn the reverb on and off.

In closing, my god is this amp loud.

2. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

I would try other footswitches. There's a chance a hot rod type footswitch might work.

3. Agramal

Agramal Member

Cool, thanks. I guess it's worth a shot to see if those switches for "Fender Roc Pro/Performer 1000, Concert, or Super amps" might work...If not I can always return it.

4. ggwwbb

ggwwbb Member

You're welcome. It should work with no problem at all, as I'm pretty sure that the Concert and Super amps that it says it will work for are from the same Pro Tube Series as your Twin, which would all use the same footswitch.

:aok