• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Replacement for Gotoh 1088

tonic-penta

hey guys, ive got a suhr with the gotoh 1088. kinda love hate affair with this trem as it stays in tune mighty fine but i hate the screw in arm cos it creaks and rattles when i use it. ive looked all around the web for specifications and dimensions on the thing (mainly trem posts) so as to get a replacement but i cant seem to find any.

kinda hoping to get an identical trem only with a pop in arm or at least a trem with bent saddles. i tried emailing suhr havent got a good reply which trems would be a straight replacement without having to take a hacksaw to my guitar.

else im with the idea of getting a gotoh 1055 and putting my 1088 saddles on them. anyone knows if this could or would work?

Eagle1

1055 will go straight on but you still have those horrible insufficient studs that break ,bend and lean forward .
Best would be send it to Suhr and get him to fit you the Gotoh 510 with proper locking heavier studs.

tonic-penta

yeah i was thinking of the gotoh 510TS-SF1 too. ah but i dunno if i should go with it cos im not too keen on doing anything irreversible to my suhr. thanks for the info anyways!

Eagle1

Suhr is tooled up for this mod .Invisible and a big improvement ,you would never want the 1088 back and the 510 ts sf1 is stock now anyway ,go for it!

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe Callaham makes a replacement block with matching arm. They used to make a Gotoh replacement - just not sure which one.

Eagle1

The Gotoh is as good as the callaham (milled steel block )with the advantage of two post stability.

Top Bottom