• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Replacement for original Utah speaker in a '65 Deluxe Reverb

ESW.

Silver Supporting Member
I'm generally pretty happy with the tone (particularly when pushed), but I'm looking for something that has better bass response (e.g. for octave down/whammy). Any recommendations?

J M Fahey

octave down/whammy
Sorry but you have the wrong amp (Blackface Fender) but mainly cabinet type (single 12"/ open back / combo) for strong deep bass.
No speaker replacement will help you because you are running straight against what's acoustically needed.
"You can't beat Physics" .

Since you like it, use it as is, but consider a future purchase of a "heavier sounding" amplifier and specially a fat closed back cabinet.

Don't waste $$$ in speakers which won't give what you want (mounted there, that is) and to boot you will also lose the killer sparkly twangy sound it can deliver now.

If this is *very* important for you , sell it and buy another more approppriate or even better, buy another but keep this one too, or in a few years you'll repent for having done that .

JM2C

swiveltung

Sorry but you have the wrong amp (Blackface Fender) but mainly cabinet type (single 12"/ open back / combo) for strong deep bass.
No speaker replacement will help you because you are running straight against what's acoustically needed.
"You can't beat Physics" .

Since you like it, use it as is, but consider a future purchase of a "heavier sounding" amplifier and specially a fat closed back cabinet.

Don't waste $$$ in speakers which won't give what you want (mounted there, that is) and to boot you will also lose the killer sparkly twangy sound it can deliver now.

If this is *very* important for you , sell it and buy another more approppriate or even better, buy another but keep this one too, or in a few years you'll repent for having done that .

JM2C
Sorry I definitely disagree. Been playing a DR for 45 years as well as other Fenders. He didn't ask for FAT he asked for bass response.
OP: what you need is a broken in Weber 12F150. Or my current fave an Emi GA SC64.
Other options are Weber Silver Bell, A EV12L... The Emi is currently causing me to turn the bass below 4 gigging.

ESW.

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the advice all around. To clarify, part of my concern is that I'm going to blow this speaker. It gets a little flappy at times (particularly with my ES-335 on the neck pickup). I'll check out those Webers - I was already leaning in that direction.

Trending Topics