Replacement For Rotosphere!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by McSoappy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. McSoappy

McSoappy Supporting Member

Hey guys!

I've got a Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere, and I DEARLY love it, but it simply takes up way too much space on my pedal board, and I just don't want a board that is obnoxiously huge and heavy.

Anyone have any ideas as to what smaller pedals could replace my Rotosphere? I need something that has a really great Leslie sound just like the H and K.

2. Hamilton

Hamilton Active Member

I haven't found anything that will replace my Rotosphere. It's a great sounding pedal. It's large and kind of noisy, but nothing tops it.

3. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Check out the BOSS RT-20, I have the Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere, which is a good pedal, but the RT-20 has more flexibility. Run it in stereo and you will not be sorry.

TheGrooveking

4. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

You might check this out. Dytone - Desly Rotor

Based on the clip they've got -- it sounds a bit like an Electric Mistress with the color knob turned down. JMO.

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Don't get rid of the H&K until you're SURE you've found a replacement. I thought mine was too large and cumbersome so I traded it for the DLS Rotosim because I thought it had a nicer feature set. The DLS was OK, but I didn't feel that it sounded quite as nice...

The Boss pedal looks nice, but it is also a little large. Check it out though (I intend to).

6. McSoappy

I love the way the Boss pedal sounds but it takes up about as much space as a Rotosphere does, doesn't it?

7. KRosser

KRosser Member

Charlie Hunter told me he replaced his Rotosphere with a Maxon FL9 flanger and he was really happy with it.

8. Hamilton

Hamilton Active Member

REALLY??!!! Wow, that's HUGE coming from Charlie Hunter. He's been a Rotosphere guy forever. I really like his use of that pedal.

9. McSoappy

I agree that's very surprising! But that's cool to know as a local store has a beat up one for like 20 bucks.

KRosser: have you heard Charlie use one in concert before? How accurate was it?

10. KRosser

KRosser Member

Yes, plus he came to the school I teach at to do a clinic and I thought it sounded great. Now, it doesn't hurt that he knows how to play authentic organ-like lines...

He told me he replaced the Rotosphere because of the size and the hiss, and that he was so far happy with the FL9

11. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member