replacement ibanez cs-9 housing?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by walterw, Jan 11, 2008.

1. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

anyone know where i can get one? my lovely-sounding original (non-reissue) ibanez cs-9 chorus pedal got crunched between the knobs. everything's ok except for the metal box itself. i know i can just put the guts in a square bud box or whatever, but i'd hate to do that. ibanez won't sell the housings seperately.

2. WarofGhosts

WarofGhosts Member

See if you can buy a broken one off ebay or whatever and just use the housing.

3. AL30

AL30 Member

Good advice. You're going to have a hard time mounting that in a standdard bud box. The switch is going to be a headache.

AL

4. walterw

well, i could convert it to true bypass with a stomp switch, but i know you have to "hot-wire" the effect board to be permanently on and i'm not sure how to do that. also, i don't see a way to retain the stereo outs with a mechanical true bypass switch.

yes, i could just use a momentary stomp switch and build the pedal into a box without bothering with the true bypass, but that just leaves me with an ugly homemade-looking pedal that has no benefits over the stock pedal.

5. Grap

Grap Member

Dunno. Buy a used RI CS-9, use the box from the to house the guts for your original CS-9, then mount the guts from the RI into a hand-painted hobbyist box with a TB mod done to it & sell it at a premium to someone on EBay? :)

6. walterw

you might be onto something there. a cs-9 in a compact bud box the "correct" color with true bypass might be something someone would want.

7. walterw