• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Replacement strat neck from licenced Fender Co? Which one?

Joost Assink

Well, after a lot of searching, I found Edenhaus and Musikraft are licensed Fender companies, but both get very mixed reviews, sometimes just really bad. Is this still true (I have also read Musikraft has ironed out the QC issues).

Where do I go if I want a really really good replacement neck from a Licensed Fender Co?

I understand warmoth is ok but not great quality. Any others?
Warmoth quality is great; customer service and flexibility no where as good as USACG; plus value to cost ratio vis a vis USACG is not quite as good.

But if you're locked into licensed stuff and can't/won't consider others, you might first look at Allparts. I frankly don't see the advantage of getting a licensed part in this instance. If it isn't Fender, it isn't Fender; the USACG headstock can be home recontoured to look the same as an old 50's anyway.

Eagle1

*haha* here, just do a search.

as for the licensed stuff. It's nice to have. Just liked the customization options of Musikraft
I'm a tech I've used over a hundred . I've yet to see one of these necks with problem that wasn't caused but incompetent installation, or just ordering the wrong speck .

levelfrets

Well, after a lot of searching, I found Edenhaus and Musikraft are licensed Fender companies, but both get very mixed reviews, sometimes just really bad. Is this still true (I have also read Musikraft has ironed out the QC issues).

Where do I go if I want a really really good replacement neck from a Licensed Fender Co?
Licensed necks are BS. Do you really think Fender QC's any of them? No way. They just reap the benefits so the company can use the headstock. I would rather not associate myself with Fender if I were making necks. I would want my quality to be better than Fender. Just search for quality and try not to be swayed by the whole "licensed" thing.

K-Line

Vendor
Yeah, skip the license stuff, really is only a fee paid to Fender to use the headstock, no QC involved. USACG/Allparts. Customer service is key. USACG has the best and there quality is top notch. If you like to tinker a bit, I say go for an allparts. They are milled in a great factory.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
If you aren't up the the task of setting a neck up then go with Warmoth, or USACG. Quality from both is top notch. Musikraft has improved their QC, but their necks need more to get right. Allparts makes a great neck also but they need as much work as Musikraft.

When it comes to fret level, etc. Warmoth and USACG require the least amount of stock removal - usually just a kiss. Musikraft and Allparts need a little more to get there, but in the end if you know what you are doing they can all play the same.

I would not go with that other one you mentioned.

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
I've had consistently good results with both Musikraft and Warmoth.

My three parts Teles all have Musikraft necks, FWIW.

*haha* here, just do a search.

as for the licensed stuff. It's nice to have. Just liked the customization options of Musikraft
I respectfully suggest that the probability of an unsatisfactory neck is many many times higher with Musikraft or Edenhaus.

I've been reading the heck out these posts, different neck providers, and most of what I see negative about Warmoth goes like this:

A) The body shape isn't authentic, Tele or Strat;

B) Ken Warmoth despises at least some of his customers, and people are trying to push back.

When once in a long, long while a Warmoth product isn't right, the experience may be ugly. But I am not gonna say the necks are anything but a very high quality premium product, surpassed only by USACG. Most of Ken's people are really good and they'd just love to be more customer friendly if they had permission to be that way. As much disdain as folks might have for Ken Warmoth, well Edenhaus/Hefner it goes double.

To the extent you read my posts and I was not coherent enough, I apologize.

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
I will also add that I've used necks from USA Custom Guitars, and they were quite good.

AND, it's a very simple task to "reshape" their existing headstock shape into the "traditional" Fender headstock shape. FWIW.

Kingbeegtrs

Allparts and USACG are the only places that I will use now. I haven't used Guitar Mill yet, but as for the rest - they just don't compare when it comes to product quality/customer service.

customer service is REALLY important when it comes to necks because there is always the possibility that you'll get a dud - and believe me when I tell you that some companies will write you off if that happens. Allparts and USACG stand behind their products 100%.

Trending Topics