replacing a 10" with a 12" on Blackface Princeton Reverb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TPC168, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TPC168

TPC168 Member

Do the original Fender Blackface princeton reverbs have removable baffles to accomodate a 12" baffle? Or does a little surgery need to be involved? Also, for those of you who have modded your original princetons with a 12", where did you buy the baffle from? I see Mojo Musical has baffles in stock at somewhat reasonable prices.
    http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/item.asp?pid=81428&pg=45614&id=1006142

One last question, as far a speakers go..I'm thinking a vintage Jensen P12 may be in order. Let me know about some speaker configurations that you guys have tried and have liked. Thanks

2. Allthumbs56

Allthumbs56 Member

The bafflle should be held in with a few screws. I made my own 12" but they're available for ready-fit.

A lot of people like the Webers but I first tried a G12H30 in mine and like it enough that it's still there.

3. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

you have to modify the baffle but it sounds killer. really opens up the sound

4. TPC168

TPC168 Member

"you have to modify the baffle but it sounds killer. really opens up the sound"

thanks for the replies guys...is the modification to the baffle something that is pretty intensive and beyond just screwing out the old baffle and in with the new? I'd be curious to know how you went about it.

5. TPC168

TPC168 Member

thanks for the ebay link...i'm guessing this will fit pre-cbs blackface princetons. I don't have the amp in front of me to take measurements. I do like the aged look much better than the baffle from mojo.