Replacing a speaker on a Soldano Atomic 16...?

KazJY

Hello all,

While I am saving up for my Top Hat CR, I've been playing my Atomic 16, and am not happy with the speaker lately. I believe it is a Soldano labeled Eminence (something or other). I was thinking of swapping it out with a Vintage 30 for AC/DC type tones. Has anyone done this? Should the V30 be a good match?

I might be picking up an Avatar 1x12 or 2x12 soon enough (for other amp uses), and might just hook that up with the Atomic 16 for a multi-speaker set-up, but am thinking I should nip it in the bud with the speaker replacement either way.

Thoughts?

riffmeister

I have an Astroverb combo. It sounds MUCH better when i disconnect the internal speaker and play the amp through a closed back cab. I'm using a Mesa Thiele ported 1x12 with a V30.

hongsta

I have an Astroverb and Atomic 16. I took out the stock Soldano/Eminence speakers and tried Celestion V30, H30 Anniversary and Heritage H30. I liked Heritage H30 the best and H30 and V30 were close seconds.

KazJY

:dudeWelp, I ended up with a V30 in the little guy today - WHAT a difference a speaker change makes!! She's a SWEET sounding amp right now. Thanks for all the help here!:RoCkIn

KazJY

yep, I hear ya - got a Marshall 1/2 stack too, but might get a closed back 2x12 for the Soldano sooner or later - we'll see.

Trending Topics