1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Replacing My Baker's Pots And Caps

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by emjee, Oct 18, 2008.

1. emjee

emjee Member

Hello all-

Need a little advice.I have always wanted to replace the pots and caps in my Baker B1 for better quality parts. I'm pretty sure they are 500k, with a 047 tone cap, but can someone tell me whether I need short or long shaft?
    Also I would like to put a .015 in the bridge and a 022 in the neck, is there enough room? Anyone who is familiar with changing out Baker parts would really be a huge help! Thanks!

MG

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Member

I would use the .015 for the neck and .022 for the bridge.

As for long shaft vs. short - try Gene:
    meangene31@verizon.net

3. emjee

emjee Member

Thank you Jack!!

MG

4. emjee

emjee Member

addy's no good anymore...

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Member

6. VintageKnob

VintageKnob Supporting Member

I just replaced my pots and caps in my R7 with a pre-wired set up from RS Guitar works, really smoothed out the tone and made the volume spectrum much more usable.

- D

7. antojado

antojado Member

I would think it would be the same as any les paul type of guitar with a cap. Pull one and check it.
    I need to replace both of my pots since they're scratchy. Anybody know what the best type or brand to buy is?

8. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

Go with the RS "Super" volume pot and CTS for tone.