replacing my RC booster to solo boost my LTD??? whatchya think??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by missing_dave, May 10, 2008.

1. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

been enjoying the RC booster for some time now, but im looking to boost my light (bluesy rhythm tone barber LTD) for solos...the RC seems to add some "tone" and EQ in a good way but a bit to colored for my taste now?
    not looking for totally dead clean DB boost necessarily a little mojo is cool in my book:AOK

whats your suggestions?? something somewhat readably obtainable would also be good...playing a super reverb,strat 54 fralins.

thanks guys hope your all having a great weekend!

2. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Hey man, I'd try a fat boost, it sounds great and beefs things up a bit. Also, a keeley katana may be the ticket, no coloration, but can add super clean boost or some hair.
    hope that helps,
    Kurt

3. jb1911

jb1911 Member

If the RC Booster is too colored for your taste, I'm afraid you're in trouble.
    It's the most color free boost pedal I've tried, I can't imagine anyone not
    being happy with it.

4. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

The LTD does have mojo and is bluesy. Go for the Launch pad.

5. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Readily abtainable and really good sounds like Tim/Timmy pedal. They have a lot of mojo and are very tweakable, they excel at boosting other pedals.

6. minjason

minjason Member

Klon = clean boost + mojo

7. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

katana is on my list thanks,and yes the fat boost was on my board and was replaced with the RC.haha but have been thinking about borrowing it back to try it out again...ive since changed pickups so......??

well as i said i do enjoy it but seems a bit "funny" in the bass? not very tight i guess?

hmm..cool as im borrowing one next week..very interested as a stacker? wasnt originally checking it out for that reason but now i am..

thanks guys...

any other katana lovers?

8. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

flying dragon, katana, klon
    try the dragon!!

9. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Also, what about the tri-booster, I think it's called, the Byoc kit? sounds pretty versatile. I did love the katana. The durham sex drive is a beautifull pedal for boosting, but it does add the tiniest bit of brightness, I like it first in the chain.
    Kurt

10. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

Bad monkey: nothing to lose at that price. Can be a uncolored or colored clean boost as you wish. Can provide a huge boost so that LTD could be slammed (good in my book!!)

11. Ned

Ned Member

if you can afford a klon, there is no other like it.
    but if your like me and cannot, I recommend a Lovepedal Twin60. Two clean boosts in one, one perfect for a line buffer and the other for a solo boost. You could probably find one on the emporium for not that much also.

havent tried it, but theres alot of info on the Catalinbread Superpicaso on this board. seems to add a bit something as well if thats what your into.

Best of luck:AOK