• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Replacing neck on my Fender Jaguar

shibby

Hi-

I have an late 90s ('96) "Crafted in Japan" CIJ Fender Jaguar that needs a new neck.

Do I need to get a Japan crafted neck for a direct drop in replacement? Or can a "Made in Mexico" MIM neck fit just as well?

swiveltung

I was experimenting with jaguars a couple years ago. One thing I found out was that all jaguar necks are not the same. Jag neck with more frets (22?) would not work on a body meant for a 21 (?) fret. and vice versa etc. So just sayin be careful. These were low end jag stuff like Vintage Modified etc.
Evidently for a specific fret number style, they move the bridge rather than use an overlapping fretboard like Strats do.....

HP Hovercraft

I was experimenting with jaguars a couple years ago. One thing I found out was that all jaguar necks are not the same. Jag neck with more frets (22?) would not work on a body meant for a 21 (?) fret. and vice versa etc. So just sayin be careful. These were low end jag stuff like Vintage Modified etc.
Evidently for a specific fret number style, they move the bridge rather than use an overlapping fretboard like Strats do.....
Don't all Jags have 22 frets?

VicAjax

Male Supermodel
Gold Supporting Member
All Jag necks are 22 frets. Sounds like you may have been trying to install a Jazzmaster or Strat neck on a Jaguar. Those are the wrong scale length, so they would never work on a Jaguar.

Deed_Poll

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling some of the MIM necks are 24-3/4" scale?

Anyway, the only thing to do is get a Musikraft or USACG. Remember to get the split side dots! ;)

rockitcity

Hi-

I have an late 90s ('96) "Crafted in Japan" CIJ Fender Jaguar that needs a new neck.

Do I need to get a Japan crafted neck for a direct drop in replacement? Or can a "Made in Mexico" MIM neck fit just as well?
Just putting this out there as I did have a problem recently with a CIJ neck on an AVRI Precision Bass. I ordered a neck from Stratosphere that was CIJ. Mounted up ok, but the vintage tuners I had wouldn't fit. Tried a couple of other necks that had tuners with them, and they worked ok, but I had to shim the neck and never really liked the way it felt. I got lucky and found an AVRI neck that worked perfectly without issues so I returned the CIJ necks that I had tried.

I was really happy that Stratosphere had a generous return policy (even though I probably drive them a little crazy looking for the perfect neck,) and would definitely recommend them for your replacement neck needs.

What went wrong with the original neck?

Trending Topics