• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Replacing saddles (Fender Roadworn Strat content)

Sensates

I have an earlier 50s Roadworn Strat that haven't been played in a while. While it plays great I always thought the tones are restraint and not as lively as it could, even after a few pickups upgrades.

Since I was bored yesterday I thought of an idea to swap the bridge saddles between my Strat and the Mexican Cabronita that I owned. The saddles on the RW are longer and bulkier than the ones in Cabronita (listed as American Vintage saddles on Fender website, anyone can verify?) The swap is a quick, easy job, and it made quite an impact: acoustic strum is louder, notes are punchier and seem to ring with more harmonics after plugged in. I'm very happy with the change!

Just to share my experience here.

P/s: anyone tried the newer AVRI pickups? I'm thinking to get a set but haven't decided on which one yet.

Trending Topics