1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing speaker gasket...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Trebor Renkluaf, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

When removing my beloved Alnico Blues from a cabinet, part of the speker gasket tore off (quite a bit actually). I've bought replacement gaskets but need some tips on removing the rest of the old gasket from the speakers as well as gluing the new gaskets in place.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

3. pdouds

pdouds Member

i have the same problem. I know orange county speaker sells some really good glue for that job. I though of carefully removing as much of the old gasket, then re-gluing the new gasket in place. I don;t think it is super critical if there is a little of the old gasket left in place as long as you glue the new one down well. the gasket is pliable and will give when you install it.

4. Trebor Renkluaf

I seem to remember reading somewhere (perhaps here?) that the special glue is nothing more than repackeged white glue. Anyway I was thinking of using white glue or perhaps rubber cement.

5. pdouds

pdouds Member

I hear the gorilla glue is really good for this purpose, but once it's on, it ain't coming off!