• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Replacing speaker gasket...

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
When removing my beloved Alnico Blues from a cabinet, part of the speker gasket tore off (quite a bit actually). I've bought replacement gaskets but need some tips on removing the rest of the old gasket from the speakers as well as gluing the new gaskets in place.
Thanks
Bob

pdouds

i have the same problem. I know orange county speaker sells some really good glue for that job. I though of carefully removing as much of the old gasket, then re-gluing the new gasket in place. I don;t think it is super critical if there is a little of the old gasket left in place as long as you glue the new one down well. the gasket is pliable and will give when you install it.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
i have the same problem. I know orange county speaker sells some really good glue for that job. I though of carefully removing as much of the old gasket, then re-gluing the new gasket in place. I don;t think it is super critical if there is a little of the old gasket left in place as long as you glue the new one down well. the gasket is pliable and will give when you install it.
I seem to remember reading somewhere (perhaps here?) that the special glue is nothing more than repackeged white glue. Anyway I was thinking of using white glue or perhaps rubber cement.

pdouds

I hear the gorilla glue is really good for this purpose, but once it's on, it ain't coming off!

Trending Topics