1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

replacing the power supply for TC Nova Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JonnyFranchi$e, May 23, 2011.

1. JonnyFranchi$e

JonnyFranchi$e Member

Not getting a PP II or anything. I just need a single replacement for the 12v 300mA TC Power supply. Looking through Musicians' Friend and the computers at the Evil Galactic Empire (Guitar Center) are down so they can't formulate a complete sentence for a while.

So can anyone point me to a single adapter with those specs that would work for a TC Nova Delay? It fits normal Boss style - I know because I ran it with my OneSpot and it worked, but with only 9v it didn't sound right.

If anyone has any answers I'd appreciate it.

2. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

If you want used, I'd say go to your local GC and dig through their bins and clearance tables. They usually have a bunch of fully functional power supplies they used for floor demos and whatnot. You can easily find one there for under $10 and as little as $5.

If you want new, hit up a Radio Shack and pick up their generic power supplies. It's around $20 I think plus the proper plug adapter.

Or if you want, you are welcome to PM me..I've got one lying around ;).

3. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Try the OneSpot Wireless, it's just like a OneSpot, but at 12v.

4. JonnyFranchi$e

JonnyFranchi$e Member

Thanks Hugo - I think I'll try the bargain bin. I already tried the Shack. We tried the best they had and nothing...

Radio Shack is a little like a very expensive electronics garage sale at great grandpa's.

But when I get a chance I'll stop by the GC and look in the bargain bins etc. - I just never get a chance to go there. If that doesn't work I'll PM you and see what we can work out. Thanks.

5. Tone Meister

Tone Meister Member

I think you will want to look for a regulated power supply. IIRC, the one that comes with the Nova is regulated.