• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Request: In honor of EVH, show your guitars

Blue Lizard

Well, I know they’re not true EVHs, but he was the reason I wanted an EBMM Axis:

And I did chisel a humbucker into the bridge of my first Strat not long after I got it as a 15 year old, so there’s another bit of EVH inspiration there!

I think the biggest influence is in the number of amp settings & tone boxes I have where the rock reference is always “Brown”.

monty

I'll take a stab at posting from my phone later, by my #1 for the last 5 1/2 years has been a EVH Wolfgang special. And recently sold a old Kramer I had that had 1 Hummer and a Floyd that I got about 15 years ago for the EVH vibe.

CanuckChris

I've posted this before here. Truly gutted by the news, Eddie was a huge inspiration. Not only for his playing, but his constant tinkering and innovation. This guitar is always under the knife much like his was. Quarter in this case is a 73 Canadian one, my birth year.

I was obsessed with Eddie Van Halen when I first started playing in 2004 or 2005. I decided in order to sound like him, I needed his guitar. Eddie was between Peavey and Fender/Charvel/EVH Gear at the time, but some Googling told me about a company named Kramer that he played exclusively during the '80s. That lead me to the Kramer 1984 Reissue--an American-made faithful copy of his 5150 guitar. I was sold.

I still have it to this day--it's probably my most-prized possession. Thank you, Eddie.

One of these days I'll have to get myself one of those new relic'd Frankenstrats or a Wolfgang to go along with it.

Last edited:

Trending Topics