• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Request: In honor of EVH, show your guitars

Dan Hall

This may be a bit of a stretch, but hear me out...

It’s a Music Man JP6. Not a Van Halen model, however, EVH did have a Music Man model for a few years that lives on as the Axis, John Petrucci is a Van Halen fan (as am I), and didn’t EVH basically invent the “Super Strat”? The Music Man JP6 is kind of a type of Super Strat...it’s a Strat-like double cutaway solid body guitar with humbuckers, simple electronic controls, and a floating bridge. CE57C3AB-29BA-4C95-B4E1-1FE6BA320769.jpeg

CanuckChris

This may be a bit of a stretch, but hear me out...

It’s a Music Man JP6. Not a Van Halen model, however, EVH did have a Music Man model for a few years that lives on as the Axis, John Petrucci is a Van Halen fan (as am I), and didn’t EVH basically invent the “Super Strat”? The Music Man JP6 is kind of a type of Super Strat...it’s a Strat-like double cutaway solid body guitar with humbuckers, simple electronic controls, and a floating bridge. View attachment 294585
Probably a bit of a stretch, but still a cool guitar ;) I am curious what the L&M tin is though?

Fatboy666

Silver Supporting Member
Frankenstrat.JPG

can't even remember how many different paint jobs and stripes were on this over the last 35 years. Settled on John Deere yellow. Went old school on the trem - Kahler with no locking nut. Like Eddie, I keep it in tune with a quick tug upwards after dive bombs. I don't even remember what it looks like under that pickguard. I know I didn't have a router many years ago, so I'm guessing there's some interesting chisel work going on.

If nothing else, EVH taught us all to f#$k with our guitars. I wrecked some stuff along the way, but I definitely learned a lot.

monty

That is both hilarious, but also incredibly accurate! Where did you get that?

What the heck? My L&M gift cards always come in the cheesy paper sleeve. Must be an Ontario thing ;)
I'm in Ontario too. They actually charge extra for the tin, so maybe I'm a wee bit nicer than you and Santa goes the extra distance lol.

CJReaper

This was my first guitar (This one isn't mine but I had one just like it), a Mako with the EVH stripes. I added black electric tape, took off the pickguard and added 5150 behind the bridge. I sold it to a friend when I bought a brand new Charvel Model 2 in 1987, wish I still had it, plywood body and all...

1602600657414.png

Trending Topics