1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Resale value

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Nachorc90, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Nachorc90

Nachorc90 Member

Hey guys, how are you doing? I have a 97' PRS CE 22 Quilt top, stop tail, with everything stock and original hardcase, hangtag and in very good condition. The guitar is a great one and in very good condition, but the stop tail doesn't suit my playing style, so i'm going to sell it. A guy of my country (Argentina) offered me a Fender Stratocaster 2009 AVRI 62 with non original hardcase, original accesories and everything stock, very good condition also. If I take that trade, it would be only to sell the guitar, did you guys see this as a fair trade? should i ask for some money?

In your opinion what would be the most intelligent thing to do: wait for a buyer of my PRS or do the trade and perhaps sell the strat faster?

Thanks and cheers to everyone.

2. adaytonguitarist

adaytonguitarist Senior Member

Its about an even up trade, both worth about $900-1000 on EBAY. IMO

3. Nachorc90

Nachorc90 Member

I'd guess the PRS would worth a lil more, this is the quilted top:

[​IMG]

Also, it has the Dragon I PU's, I think those are sorta difficult to find.

The only think about the strat that it could reduce the resale value is the non original case

4. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

I'd bet the PRS is worth a bit more. I don't know if the strat case is much of an issue, but it may devalue it slightly. I would think that Strats are much more common, but I don't know if this is the case in Argentina.

It the offer is an even trade, I would keep the PRS.

5. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Member

the PRS is more valuable especially because of the top.

6. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

As the others said, the PRS is worth more, in my opinion by at least $300 or so. Just try to sell the PRS. Seems to me it would be easier to sell as well.

7. Nachorc90

Nachorc90 Member

Thanks for the replies guys! :) so, better try to sell the PRS?

8. straycat113

straycat113 Member

9. 19181911

19181911 Senior Member

To some, not important, deterrent to others.

10. Nachorc90

Nachorc90 Member

A guy offered me a 62 AVRI Hot Rod in very good condition with original hardcase, is that a fair trade or should i wait for the cash?