Rescued Les Paul!

matt3310

Can you believe this is the same guitar? Cool story here. I found a Gibson Les Paul at an estate sale that was in ROUGH shape! Someone had painted it a flag pattern on front and a Elvis theme on the back. It was unplayable. And UGLY! I don't think the guitar had ever been cleaned. I almost thought it wasn't worth anything but firewood. But... I stripped the hardware off and came up with a plan. I decided to send it to the incredible Pat Wilkins. He's done a few guitars for me and I cant recommend him enough! He is by far one of the most talented painters I've ever know, but also a super nice guy! He's painted guitars for some of the biggest names in the industry, and treats you just as important as the biggest stars. So I told Pat my idea of a color and theme. He killed it!! When I got it back I was blown away. I added all new Gold hardware. Dimarzio Fortitude bridge pickup and a Dimarzio Rainmaker neck pickup. Every single screw, trim, electronics is new!
Then I took it to Adam Luchessi to do a set up and fret job. As always he made this thing play like butter!! I couldn't be happier with how it came out!

Before

myqtsqe.jpg

XxSj1d8.jpg

DSUu21P.jpg

Now!!
ukYmTMj.jpg

2G5M5fh.jpg

L52EDuw.jpg

so0ndMA.jpg

r0nbic7.jpg

agquake

Silver Supporting Member
Can you believe this is the same guitar? Cool story here. I found a Gibson Les Paul at an estate sale that was in ROUGH shape! Someone had painted it a flag pattern on front and a Elvis theme on the back. It was unplayable. And UGLY! I don't think the guitar had ever been cleaned. I almost thought it wasn't worth anything but firewood. But... I stripped the hardware off and came up with a plan. I decided to send it to the incredible Pat Wilkins. He's done a few guitars for me and I cant recommend him enough! He is by far one of the most talented painters I've ever know, but also a super nice guy! He's painted guitars for some of the biggest names in the industry, and treats you just as important as the biggest stars. So I told Pat my idea of a color and theme. He killed it!! When I got it back I was blown away. I added all new Gold hardware. Dimarzio Fortitude bridge pickup and a Dimarzio Rainmaker neck pickup. Every single screw, trim, electronics is new!
Then I took it to Adam Luchessi to do a set up and fret job. As always he made this thing play like butter!! I couldn't be happier with how it came out!

Before

myqtsqe.jpg

XxSj1d8.jpg

DSUu21P.jpg

Now!!
ukYmTMj.jpg

2G5M5fh.jpg

L52EDuw.jpg

so0ndMA.jpg

r0nbic7.jpg
By the time I got done reading the post I was going to mention that you sunk a lot of money into fixing up an old Studio that could’ve been better spent elsewhere. Then I saw your pics and realize money’s not an issue….

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't catch how sparkly the great refinish is and somehow the wall of amps didn't register late at night either.
Do you have a before shot of the back?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom