Resident Audio T2 on MacOS 10.15

Jon

I upgraded my OS to Catalina earlier in the year...I haven't done any recording for quite a few months, but when I tried to record in Logic last night, my input signal was't coming through. I decided to update the drivers for my Resident Audio T2 thunderbolt interface, but when I went to the downloads page on the Resident Audio site, I found this:

NOTE: MACOS 10.15 CATALINA COMPATIBILITY INFO
Apple released their newest operating system in October of 2019, macOS 10.15. Currently, Resident Audio Software cannot be installed on this operating system. To continue using your Resident Audio hardware, please do not update to macOS 10.15.

I appreciate that for a couple of months after a major OS update, companies may be rushing to iron out compatibility issues, but this was nearly a year ago, and they're still saying "errrrr...just don't updgrade" ?

Are Resident Audio owned by Zoom? I know Zoom distribute their products, but if they actually own them (or are both part of the same company) I'm wondering if the RA products are being phased out in favour of the Zoom ones?

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably-priced Thunderbolt interface that works with the latest Mac OS?

Jon

I guess not lol... I'll just talk to myself then :)

"Well Jon, I think that Resident Audio are definitely going downhill and don't seem to have released any new products in a long time. I would certainly look at Focus for a new interface - more expensive but you get what you pay for"

"Thank you for that Jon - I appreciate the input"

"That's no problem Jon - anytime"

I keep myself amused at least !

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t know anything about Resident Audio. But I have a MOTU M4 that works great with Catalina.

runemel

Ok, I just did a clean install of catalina thinking that all compability-issues must offcourse be resolved by now.. for shure.. its over a year old and Apple is about too launch a new OS any day now- so that would be safe right.. did not check if my Resident Audio T2 would be working before right now.. even discovered and bought the brand new update for NI Guitar Rig 6 Pro! Very exited!:) until now. Tried to msg them with a question about future updates, but my hopes are not very high..

BONGKARMA

You might find a little more information on Gearsluts or you could Check to see if there’s a forum on the manufacturers website. I‘ve been using a Behringer XR18 XAIR for my recording interface for over two years now and it works great! Plenty of inputs and outputs for setting up separate headphone mixes and you can use it wirelessly with an iPad or android device. Works like a charm. And sounds fantastic. They also make one with less inputs and outputs for less dollars. I haven’t had to do any updates to the firmware for over two years and it works flawlessly. You have also learned a valuable lesson my friend, do not do updates until you check to see if you’re going to have any compatibility issues first off. I hope this helps. Good luck! Please feel free to PM me if you have any detailed questions. Peace, love and hair grease.

Captngeetch

Silver Supporting Member
This is one of the main reasons I chose to stick with Mojave. As my father said, if it aint broke, don’t fix it. My Mac Pro is strictly used as my Studio box. I don’t see any reason or need to update yet.

Trending Topics