• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Retro-Sonic Analog Delay vs. Maxon AD-900?

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
I think I'm finallly selling my DD-20...great pedal but I almost never use all the presets, etc...moving toward simplicity. I'm really liking my AD-900, but curious about the Retro due to it's cool features/size. Anybody had both?
Thanks.
Greg

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
check with wahwah (aka Geoff Wells)

He has both on his board.

I think he thinks the ad 900 is the sweetest sounding delay and the retro sonic may have been for the time of the delay (from memory).

I bought an ad 900 on his and cbpickins advice.

I also held onto my dd-20. Reasons-
great tape delay, for modulation, tap tempo and there are times when I DO want pristine clean perfectly timed repeats.

cc might do the same, but that's why I love the dd-20 presets.

you could also get the analogman mods to allow you to simply use expression pedals on your ad900.

Geoff is one nice person in advice and replies.:AOK
He is also one hell of a player!:dude

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks! I'll get in touch. I've wrestled with keeping my dd-20, but trying to lighten the load. :)

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
Never thought the DD-20 would go from my board.

No regrets.

I don't even miss the modulation so far!!!!

Had the expression pedal mods done by Analog Man.

Now I truly understand why people love the analog delay thing.

Last edited:

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
My DD-20 is now gone too (who knows, I may revisit!)...and Geoff did kindly respond, and for now have held off on pursuing the RS delay.

Trending Topics