• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Retro-Sonic Chorus Switching Problem

jkeane22

Silver Supporting Member
Right after switching from chorus signal to bypass signal, the bypass signal goes "in and out" for 5 seconds or so like a bad connection, and then it settles into the regular signal strength. It sounds as if maybe a capacitor is emptying or something, or I guess it could be a bad switch.
When the unit is first turned on and warming up, I also get a little of this going from dry to wet, but after it's warm the switch to wet is crisp. Anyone have this issue with the Retro-Sonic Chorus?
Jim

Rick Towne

Praise & Western
Gold Supporting Member
Go to the Retro-Sonic website and send an email to Tim Larwill. He is very helpful and responsive. He did a 12v to 9v mod on my early model Chorus when I got it in 2007.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey Jim -

It sounds like a bad switch or pot to me, more likely the switch. Do you have a local trusted tech you use? What's your location? We'll (TGP) help you find one.

In my not actually huge experience, it's always a pot or a switch when there's a pedal problem. The good news is they're both cheap, relatively speaking.

Hope this helps, Dana O.

jkeane22

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Rick and Dana!
Dana, I am just northwest of Chicago. I have a really great tech (Tim Schroeder) but for things like this his rate would cost more than the pedal to fix probably. I also like Minstrel Music a lot and I may take it there, though I don't know much about how good they are at fixing pedals. If you have any other TGP suggestions that would be great.
And yeah, I think it's a switch problem. I kept fooling with it after this post, and the problem does not happen each time, but maybe every third time or so. Weird.
thanks again

jkeane22

Silver Supporting Member
John at Minstrel cleaned the switch (no charge) and it seems to be working. He said the type of switch used in the RS doesn't last more than 5-7 years and it will break down again, and I should replace it then.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom