Retro-Sonic Phaser

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Priestunes, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

[​IMG]

Brand new from Tim at Retro-Sonic. You're looking at one professional piece. Wow! Super nice tones in there. The depth knob allows the player to back off the overall effect, adding just a modicum of phase or fully drenching the signal as needed. The depth knob is invaluable for running this in series with other effects. I tried this and a vibe, a chorus, a wah.... twas a dream.

At first I wasn't sure what to do with the level; I just left it fully ON. But after a while, especially with a big fuzz signal or OD, I found that cutting the level provided a nice break. It took the solo down to a nice reflective moment, while keeping it interesting via the phased signal. Great addition!

The speed is sensitive and provides a usable range. The faster speeds are tremolo-esque, but not entirely. The oscillations still retain the phase effect. There are other phasers of this size that stop shy of a cozy, zippy speed. Not this one.

Lastly, there's no loss of volume when turning it on. In fact, it may even become a wee-bit louder with the level pegged, but I haven't experimented enough to say for certain.

This is truly a remarkably clean, tone-producing tool. A great addition to the Retro-Sonic line.

(I hear there's an echo coming, too....)

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Look's like another pedal to be added to the "Must Get" list.

TheGrooveking

3. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Put it high up in the queue!!!
    :)

4. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

What kind of power adapter does it use?

Do you know what circuit it's based on? EHX, MXR, BOSS?

5. Retro-Sonic

Retro-Sonic Member

Hi,

The phaser is built to script phase 90 specs with the addition of depth and level controls. It's true bypass of course, and uses standard 9 volt supply.

The depth control simply affects the intensity of the effect (think of it as going from a phase 20 to phase 90). I had read several comments about volume boost from the circuit and decided the level control would be usefull to some folks ( the level was a well-liked feature on the chorus).

I have some sample prototypes made and I'm looking to have a production run started shortly as soon as I figure out my pricing.
    If you have specific questions you can email me at: info@retro-sonic.com

Cheers,
    Tim
    Retro-Sonic

6. Ron K

Ron K Supporting Member

Wow Tim, that sounds great!

P.S. My Chorus Ensemble arrives tomorrow -- WOO HOO!!!

7. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Can I have it? :confused:

:D

8. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

It just keeps getting oozier and oozier every time I play it. F. What a sound. I can't decide if it's radical or mellow, soporific or concupiscent.
    :dude

9. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

This is excellent news.

10. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

Grack, that sounds just like what I been looking for. When will it be available?

11. Retro-Sonic

Retro-Sonic Member

Hi,

The production run is underway. They should be available in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time I have another unit built out of the protype run (unit#4) and is available for sale $200CAD. Drop me an email if interested to tlarwill@retro-sonic.com, or you can buy it through paypal using sales@retro-sonic.com.

Cheers,
    Tim

12. moderndrummer

moderndrummer Member

thats a sharp looking pedal