Retubing SF princeton -- best options?

sa1126

I need to retube my 70's SF princeton. What tubes would you guys recommend for the job? Do you think the eurotubes package is a good deal or is there a better deal out there on a tube set?

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
I believe that Mike at KCANOS said the current Svetlana 12AX7s are close to RCAs sound wise in his opinion. Double check with him.

Stratobuc

I need to retube my 70's SF princeton. What tubes would you guys recommend for the job? Do you think the eurotubes package is a good deal or is there a better deal out there on a tube set?
I put a set of JJ's in my '71 Deluxe Reverb. Properly biased - the amp sounds great. Be sure to order the type of headroom you want, they have early and late breakup sets. Very happy with Eurotubes.

caspersvapors

Silver Supporting Member
take a look at the packages offered by tube amp doctor. Even the bottom tier one with tung sols will be good. Plus it includes a JAN 12at7 which is great and affordable for the verb

Stormin

Tele's and Plexis
I put a set of JJ's in my '71 Deluxe Reverb. Properly biased - the amp sounds great. Be sure to order the type of headroom you want, they have early and late breakup sets. Very happy with Eurotubes.
In my '71 SFDR I like the JJ 6V6S for the power tubes but the Tung Sol 12AX7s and 12AT7s for the preamp.

Trending Topics