Revalver IV is going to be unveiled at NAMM.

crispsandwich

I read this over at their forums.

I am looking forward to this, as I really liked the previous iterations of Revalver.

Cheers.

mikah912

Very interested in this. I hope it has more non-Peavey amp models.
I do too, but one of the great things about Revalver III.V is that it has a VST loader, so you can fill in the holes in their current lineup with additional sims like X50, LePou Amps, S-Gear, and Vadim Taranov's Randall Solar or Mesa Mark III like they are part of the factory product.

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
Make it hardware and around the $500 mark, then I'd be very interested. Otherwise...meh.

richpjr

Until we see what it has and hear how it sounds, it seems kind of premature to meh it.

Will Chen

I'm not at all interested in plugs for guitar. If it was hardware based I'd be interested, hence the meh. I love revalver in concept...

mikah912

I'm not at all interested in plugs for guitar. If it was hardware based I'd be interested, hence the meh. I love revalver in concept...
Fair enough, but it was "Bias" before there was a Bias, and I think an even more capable, upgraded version would be awesome.

mikah912

Now THIS sounds like awesome software, and it's great of them to think of Windows Tablets for the interface (and I have a Dell venue Pro 8, so yay):

Peavey announces that the ReValver 4 tube amp modeling software has been entirely revamped, with a new modeling engine, a new GUI that is compatible with the Windows tablet and in which each pedalboad, amp/cabs and effects have their own view, as well as new features.

ReValver 4 features a new GIG mode that will improve the live use of the software, with the ability to load up to 8 presets to the memory and switch between them. These presets can also be assigned to you MIDI controller switches.

ACT (Audio Cloning Technology) modules allow for sculpting the sound guitare before and after the modeling phase. On the input, the guitar signal is altered to mimic the sound and characteristics of other instruments (acoustic guitars and electric instruments with a different pickup setup), and on the output, ACT allows you to charge presets that will help reproduce iconic guitar rigs for instance.

ReValver 4 also includes the second version of RIR with additional impulse responses and you can adjust the cab, mic and position settings.

Last, this fourth version introduces the ReValver Amp Store, an in-app service for purchasing additional amps, pedals, effects and ACT presets.

ReValver 4 will be available in VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats as well as standalone mode. No information regarding its price or availability.

http://en.audiofanzine.com/plugin-amp-simulator/peavey/revalver-4/news/a.play,n.17455.html

mikah912

The more I read over this, the more it sounds like they stole the best aspects of the TH2 and Amplitube Custom Shop.

Bit more detail here, including that the base version of Revalver 4 is free (like Amplitube), and then you can add-on a la carte from there OR purchase a "complete" set like Amplitube 3:

ReValver is renowned for its industry-leading amp modeling accuracy, which is achieved bymodeling an amplifier down to the component level. Now Peavey has updated and improved the modeling engine in ReValver 4, taking amp modeling to a whole new level of realistic toneshaping possibilities.

The new ReValver 4 also incorporates a GUI and UX redesign and the ability to run on a Windows® tablet, plus other high-level features including GIG mode, ACT™ (Audio Cloning Technology) and RIR 2 cabinet modeling.

Based on feedback from the extensive ReValver user community, the application's redesign has been done so to improve user experience and workflow. The GUI now separates pedal board, amps/cabs and effects into their own views, thus minimizing the amount of vertical scrolling needed to navigate the application.

GIG mode
GIG mode further expands ReValver's power as a live performance solution by allowing the user to load 8 presets into memory and seamlessly switch between them. The presets can also be assigned to MIDI controller switches. In addition, another primary consideration of the GUI and UX redesign was to make ReValver 4 the ideal solution for amp modeling on Windows tablets. As a result, the combination of ReValver 4, an audio interface, and a Windows tablet makes the perfect live performance rig.

Peavey's ReValver 4 also features ACT (Audio Cloning Technology) modules that allow the user to mold and shape the guitar sound at both the input (before amp modeling) and output (after modeling). At the input, ACT turns ReValver into an instrument modeler by altering the incoming guitar signal to mimic the sound and characteristics of other instruments, such as acoustics, folk instruments, and even other electric guitar and pickup combinations. At the output, ACT allows the user to load presets that sculpt the signal to fit in a recording mix or mimic the sonic characteristics of famous guitar rigs.

Cabinet modeling
With improved Impulse Responses, ReValver 4's RIR 2 feature takes cabinet modeling to a whole new level of accuracy and realism by giving the user independent control of speaker configuration, microphone, and mic placement, allowing for almost endless tone shaping options.

Plus, the new Pedal Board feature provides a familiar environment to build and edit an effects chain. With ReValver 4 also comes the introduction of the ReValver Amp Store, allowing users to purchase new amps, stompboxes, effects, and ACT content through in-app purchases. Users can begin with the free version of ReValver 4, and then simply purchase the additional content they desire.

ReValver 4 supports the powerful new AAX plug-in format for Pro Tools®, and can now host both VST and AU plug-ins even in a Pro Tools environment. As always, the software can also be used as a stand-alone virtual amplifier.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2014-revalver-4-on-show-592229

mikah912

Not sure why Peavey announces this stuff at NAMM and goes utterly radio silent, but here's a Revalver 4 (and all of their other NAMM-announced products) demo that just recently surfaced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc51f5x30F8

Sounds good, I think. The ACT technology might be an amazing tone match solution if done correctly.

tomaburque

I'm not at all interested in plugs for guitar.
I'm very excited about the future of software guitar amp software modelers as I'm just about 100% in the box (computer) any more. Actually that utopia is here and now with S-Gear inside Logic X for $300 plus the cost of your computer and a nice pair of near-field monitors. I have a good old time feeding tapped delays and making Frippertronics style loops.

I'll be checking out Revalver for sure.

GreatSatan

The best plugins for guitar i've found are Ownhammer IR's with pretty much any amp sims with the cabs bypassed (amplitube, revalver, freesims, guitar rig they're all good for preamp tones).

The best all-in-one/out-of-the-box tones were Toontracks Ezmix 2 guitar amplifiers (though they suffer in customizability) as they were engineered by producers like Andy Sneap etc, depending on the extra packs and such.

I like that Peavey are updating the revalver, their 6505, JSX and other high-gain Peavey sims work very well with those IR's.

mattball826

if those demo songs were done with rev4 they really have changed the core sound and it will be highly regarded software.

jerryratpack

I was wondering the same thing about Peavey's silence .

Anyway, this Revalver looks very cool.. I think this "ACT" can be a great tool if it works as advertised. It just looks like it would be a fun product to have.

djd100

ReValver and the Two Notes Torpedos are the only credible tube power amp sims that I've found for those interested in such things. The upgrade sounds cool...

tomc3084

Damn, that is some extremely powerful software, sounds amazing too. They should definitely throw that in a box.

Trending Topics