• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Reverb alternatives?

chrisjnyc

Silver Supporting Member
After all the Reverb grumbling threads has anyone found a good alternative? My local CL is pretty dead, and same for Facebook marketplace.

poppunk

If you're looking for a site that:

1) Has the market reach/customer base
2) Has a way to resolve disputes

it's either Reverb or eBay. I sell on eBay typically because auctions will be done with and I usually do better than expected. But I'm not trying to sell $5,000 instruments, that just seems like it's hard and annoying. If your local options aren't looking for you, you're going to be a pioneer/gambling/not getting many views trying some of these other things.

If another company steps it up to the Reverb level, it'll be on the backs of some people willing to risk/deal with it. For a 1.5% added loss on whatever I'm selling, I'd personally stick to Reverb rather than risk all those headaches.

wox

Silver Supporting Member
Been debated quite a bit here.

Sure there are considerations and potential issues with every outlet, but Reverb delivers the audience and the sales.

My stuff typically sells on Reverb within days. Go list your thing on Behringer or gbase (where you can't even buy a lot of the gear online, and half the listings click through to Reverb anyway) and see how it goes.

Betos

Silver Supporting Member
I'd be interested in an alternative as well.

When they raised the fees, they told us it was "to reach a wider audience." I see how they spent that money - i get REVERB ads following me about everywhere i go now! They're like a disincentive to ever use Reverb again.

nasonm

Silver Supporting Member
I've yet to find anything on par with Reverb and Ebay. The Gear Page emporiums are a great additional option but R&E are the still the most logical choice for me.

JPenn

i got on gbase last week, and boy has it gotten stale. i remember when i visited it pretty regularly, it seemed much better.

COYS

I list everything on CL, Facebook Marketplace, and on Reverb, and Ebay at a slightly higher price to compensate.

95% of the time it sells on Reverb. No recent change to that, despite TGP's letter-writing campaign. ;)

COYS

^I'm not a power seller, but I move a pedal or two a month and a guitar every now and again.

As a buyer, there's no question the selection is still on Reverb.

Highnumbers

OfferUp (which is more an alternative to CL / FB Marketplace, only local)

But depending on the item, join a Facebook group specific to that type of guitar/pedal/amp etc. and post an ad, if allowed. You're going to reach the main group of potential buyers right there.

sleep

Silver Supporting Member
I'd be interested in an alternative as well.

When they raised the fees, they told us it was "to reach a wider audience." I see how they spent that money - i get REVERB ads following me about everywhere i go now! They're like a disincentive to ever use Reverb again.
If they'd spent that money on brokering bigger shipping discounts I would have had no issue with the fee.

Trending Topics