reverb and delay in one pedal (analog)?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LJOHNS, Feb 27, 2012.

1. LJOHNS

LJOHNS Member

Looking for a good analog delay and reverb pedal to put on a small board. Got to wondering - does anyone make a reverb and delay in one pedal?

2. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

There are a couple out there, but they are digital. "Analog" reverb has to be a spring, a plate, or a large room.

3. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

Yes, but to my knowledge there are no combined pedals that are also analog. For all analog you would need two separate pedals, such as a Carbon Copy and VanAmps Solemate. The Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master is a good digital combo of delay & reverb.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

...or one of the old multihead echoes. They actually provided reverb or echo, according to which head combinations you chose.

Digital combinations come to mind... Boss RV3 (I'm an owner and big fan), Boss Space Echo and the Z.Cat Delay Reverb. The Eventide Space does this, too, although you might be asking for something simple, and it's not. The El Capistan also has a reverb mode like the Boss Space Echo, although in a similar fashion it's only there to spice things up without providing reverb parameters in detail.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  5. succor

succor Member

6. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

7. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

Yeah but how much would one of those cost? And how big are they? The TS was asking for something that would fit his small pedal board. The Dispatch Master is quite small, would fit a smaller board nice and sounds very analogish.

8. lonetone483

lonetone483 Member

Strymon El Capistan....from the demos i don't think the reverb would need parameters to tweak. it sounds great to me

9. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

The OP was asking for reverb + delay that had to be analog and fit in a pedal board. After being told that the analog reverb part is difficult or even impossible to achieve, we all moved on to digital recommendations.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  10. LJOHNS

LJOHNS Member

Thanks for the info. I guess I didn't realize that most verbs today are digital. Looks like two serparte pedals are in order. I am thinking a Wampler delay and maybe a WET reverb?

11. Kelfecil

Kelfecil Member

space echo re-20 from boss?

12. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

13. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

These "hand-tuned algorithms" mentioned in the Kilpatrick ad reminds me of Strymon's funny marketing lingo ("hand crafted algorithms"). As opposed to what? A human hand always makes and tweaks the algorithms - they are not born by themselves in the Matrix... :D