Reverb and/Or Delay with exp input?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by playsarobin, May 3, 2016.

1. playsarobin

playsarobin Results. Not excuses.

This may be a long shot. I'm well aware of that.

Looking for recommendations on a good, quality delay and good, quality reverb with expression pedal inputs. My preference would be single, traditional sized pedals and each reverb and delay, their own unit, unless a combined can have universal control via expression. I'd be okay with larger enclosures, but I'd prefer single pedal sized if possible. Wouldn't want to go larger than the KOT footprint.

I love the feature set of the Neunaber Immerse, as I could change the verb type based on the set list, but the lack of expression control would put it at the top of the list only if I decide I don't want/need control of level/decay. I haven't gotten into the plethora of available delays, but the immerse would be a good angle to consider for the delay pedal as well. Again, I'd like control of level, feedback, etc. One or all.

Its a long shot, but there is bound to be more out there than I am aware of. The only one that covers everything in one enclosure is the mythical Keeley Delay Workstation, which obviously isn't available yet. At the same time, I'm debating having both dedicated to a single box.

Currently have a Flint/El Cap combo, and while they're great pedals, neither are doing what I want, so they're on the chopping block to fund this as soon as I know what direction I'm going and toss them into the emporium.

Edit: Somehow I skimmed clean over the fact that you can run a cat-5/TRS cable to some of the neunabers, and control some(?) of the functions. If the immerse had that option, it may have been a one stop shop. I'll browse the search function for the pedal, but please recommend any other options I may not have considered!

Recommendations?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. minty901

minty901 Member

Neunaber Slate + EXP gives you expression input and 4 footswitchable algorithms of your choosing. Expression can control all 3 parameters at once or any subset.

Boss RV-6 has a few reverbs and a reverb+delay mode. It has an expression input but that will only control the effect level. You can't control the balance between reverb and delay but the mode has a very pleasing mix of the two effects anyway.

Boss DD-7 has expression input for any parameter I believe and is a very deep, well-featured pedal once you read the manual.

3. rck

rck Supporting Member

4. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

came to say the Keeley Delay Workstation... depending on what you want to control you're options may be limited outside something like the H9/M5. Most non-digital single sized pedals with expression jacks only control one parameter (i.e. the Boss RV-6 expression jack controls the reverb level)

5. jwfran04

jwfran04 Supporting Member