Reverb assistance please

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JimNasium, Apr 10, 2015.

1. JimNasium

JimNasium Member

I've been playing at my buddies house quite a bit and rather than haul my amp, I've just brought my guitar and board and plugged into his solid state Marshall (I think it's a MG50FX). The amp is okay but I've really enjoyed the onboard reverb. I've not played with verb before and now want to add a pedal to my board.

I'm playing an Esquire into a Budda SD18. In the chain I have RMC Picture Wah>Origin Effects Cali76>Basic Audio Solar Myth>Tri-Boost>Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz> Oddfellow Caveman Drive>Klone. In the effects loop I have a Guyatone FLIP Tremelo>Gurus Echosex> Digitech DL-8.

I'm not really sure what I'm after honestly. I play classic rock, blues, alt country, that sort of thing. There are just so many options on verb I don't really know where to start. Thanks.

2. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

The Topanga is a very nice spring type pedal.

3. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

The Digitech Polara is reasonably priced, easy to dial in, and has a variety of great sounding reverbs including room, plate, spring and hall.

4. JimNasium

JimNasium Member

Just checked out a clip. Very nice, certainly a contender. Thanks man!

5. JimNasium

JimNasium Member

A lot in a small package huh? Thanks for the suggestion.

6. axm.88

axm.88 Member

Digitech Polara. Can do amazing ambient and amp-like reverbs. They use the lexicon algorithms, which are studio grade. If you want something cheaper, a used RV7 can be attainable <$100

7. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Of the reverb pedals I own, Spring Chicken LE, Boss RV-5, and Topanga, the Topanga is definitely the favorite and the one I'm using most on the board.

8. Major Dude

Major Dude Member

Spring Theory is definitely worth checking out