1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Reverb+Bass equals a no no

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kevingcp, May 19, 2011.

1. kevingcp

kevingcp Member

When I'm doing swells I get a really loud pulsating bass undertone and it gets worse and worse depending on the chord and/or volume I'm swelling in at....

I run a CC into a DD-7 into a RV-7 into a WET in the FX loop of my JSX stack....should I try turning down the bass on my amp?

I'm not anywhere near my amp right now as I took it left it at home so I would study for finals more here at school.

Thanks guys!

2. cathaya

cathaya Member

I have been having the same problem - maybe I have some ****** pickups on my backup guitar. I'm using and ehx cathedral.

3. kevingcp

kevingcp Member

Well my PRS513 has great pickups. I don't know what the dealio is.

4. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

That's why I'm so thankful the BSR has both high and low damping - it lets you figure how much of each you want in the verb...

One possible fix? Try rolling back the bass on an OD control if you have an OD engaged when you're swelling. Otherwise, I would possibly look into a verb that has some more EQ control. After crxshdxmmy's demos, the Eventide Space is hard to say no to, honestly. :bonk

5. kevingcp

kevingcp Member

I am already planning on getting the Space this summer :) And I don't use OD when I'm swelling, I actually don't own any dirt pedals, my JSX's channels work great for any application I need.
    But when I'm home this weekend I'll try rolling back the bass on my EQ for my clean channel, we'll see if that's the culprit!

6. Madsen

Madsen Member

sounds like a feedback loop from your delay.
    have you isolated where it's coming from?
    turn em all off & try one at a time & then alternately combine.
    :bonk

7. kevingcp

kevingcp Member

Yeah it's proably from my delay, you're right....DUH.

I have the feedback on my DD-7 which is on the analog setting up pretty high delay time is high as well, I'll try decreasing both and see what happens.

Pretty sure that's the culprit.:bonk

8. Madsen

Madsen Member

troubleshooting 101. isolate the problem.
    :huh

9. cathaya

cathaya Member

i still have the problem and I don't even use a delay.