reverb before everything else?

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
I usually run my Gomez G-Spring (Fender tube unit clone) or my Spaceman Effects Orion spring reverb very early in my chain. I used to run reverb first in the chain, but I have a fuzz and a boost before it now...I still run it before distortion and tremolo though. Reverb before distortion makes the reverb really boomy and kind of compresses it in a cool way, definitely very shoegaze/lo-fi.

gravy

thinking this could be an interesting twist tho maybe after fuzz. def interested in the `gaze sounds

Mosley

Electric Catnip
All my stuff is done like that, here's a fairly recent recording that kind of shows how the fuzz and distortion after the reverb kind of bloom in a cool way for the lead part, but even the rhythm guitar is recorded that way...

Mosley

Electric Catnip
I sometimes do that too...That can make for a really far out sound, here's one where I put the G-Spring reverb first, and the Spaceman Orion last...made for a kind of sharp stinging reverb

bealtown

If you want to sound like Jesus and Mary Chain, yeah, you could do that.
But steer clear of the surf guitar music. That rig is the devil's noise and has no place in it.

ummohyeah

I keep a reverb pedal before my drive section. The only pedals that come before my reverb are a compressor and ring mod. I really like it. If you are into shoegaze, post-rock, ambient, drone, etc. it sits at home.

I keep a reverb at the end now as well for prettier sounding reverb tones.

There's no rule on where to put things. Experiment.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom