Reverb Bumps

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by The Smith, Apr 13, 2016.

1. The Smith

The Smith Supporting Member

Does anyone have a better understanding of how the Reverb.com Bump system works. I paid for extra bumps and thought that I would "bump" my item manually, in a similar fashion to bumping a post in the emporium. Apparently, the process is automatic and a bit opaque. The only explanation Reverb gives is this:

"Bumps are displayed across multiple pages on Reverb:
    Homepage Search
    Results
    Brand Pages
    Category Pages
    Handpicked Deals"

and this...

"Bump costs are based on the number of times a listing is shown in one of the featured slots. One Bump is counted each time your listing gets additional exposure by showing up in a featured slot."

I suppose I just trust Reverb that they're featuring my item "...in one of the featured slots"?

2. The Smith

The Smith Supporting Member

3. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

FWIW....IIRC you only have to pay for the bumps if your item sells.

4. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

From what I understand, it puts your listing in one of those top four spots with the "Reverb Bump" border around it. Not sure how they determine when it does pop in there, but it keeps your listing in front of people even when it's older.

You pay a certain amount for each one, depending on the price of the item, and that'll add up to 1000 bumps for $3 or something like that.

I usually use it, not sure if it pays off or not. Sometimes I'll have an old listing just sell out of nowhere, that could be from it being bumped, but I've also go through 1000 bumps without selling something.

5. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    Bumped items also show up in Reverb's banner ads on other sites as well.