Reverb business practices - bad seller

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by RKDallas, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Scott L

Scott L Silver Supporting Member

Follow the money..... Who puts mo money in Reveb's pockets ???

MoarGear and FiestaRed like this.
  2. Pill's_Ghost

Pill's_Ghost Member

Over a hundred transactions and practically no issues either, the few issues I contacted Reverb Customer Service about they were on it and were always ready to re-reimburse me if it came down to that. Can't say a bad word about Reverb myself.

valvestate, VintageChime and DiPa like this.
  3. jrjones

jrjones Supporting Member

That’s happened to me a few times before too. If it’s not against the rules it should be. I got a hella good deal on the stuff though so I didn’t make too much noise because I didn’t want the transaction cancelled.

4. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

Wow. Reverb is expanding like anything & I've seen multiple complaints about them deleting the -ve feedback. This is bad.

5. bertramladner

bertramladner Supporting Member

I have 46 purchases on Reverb and nothing bad has ever happened to me. The upcoming tax situation may turn out to be a bummer though.

6. juri

juri Member

Reverb did make a mistake here... but at the end of the day this transaction is a great example why you can still shop online with confidence. Your credit card will cover you, PayPal will cover you and I’m sure Reverb will cover you as well (if you pay through them). When looking at a seller you look at the amount of feedback, wether they are a quick shipper, etc... a single transaction shouldn’t be enough to judge someone.

All in all when buying used I’d rather buy on Reverb where I stick with my usual vendors then go out on eBay or wherever else.

Shipping guitars is no easy task and I’m not sure I would trust buying a guitar from someone with a low feedback amount.

Gig Young likes this.
  7. purplelp

purplelp Member

Reverb customer was great for me when I was sold a Bogner 101b that was an earlier year then advertised and had a faulty foot switch. I had confirmed with the seller before buying that it was the year that was advertised and no issues with amp. When I contacted the seller he ignored me until Reverb stepped in and I was refunded the full amount as well as the postage to return the item.
    I just bought a mint USA Charvel that was shipped that day and I received 2 days later in mint condition. With the one exception with the Bogner which was resolved I have had no issues. I always check customer feedback if concerned.

8. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg Member

Well...the stories in this thread make me feel all warm & fuzzy about my Reverb cruising habit when I'm bored.

Although I've never had any issues between Reverb & eBay in about 1,000 transactions, I feel like the exception rather than the rule.

9. wzpgsr

wzpgsr Member

My first really bad experience on reverb happened 6 months ago. Ordered something (I don’t even remember what it was now) that cost around $200. Seller was gonna ship, was gonna ship, was gonna ship—then nothing. Lights out. I initiated a refund through Reverb, which the seller started, then cancelled somehow. Since it was a Paypal transaction, reverb did nothing but provide moral support—the actual dispute had to go through PayPal. Here’s the kicker: although the item was never shipped, PayPal ruled against me. Amazing. Their policies state, IIRC, that you cannot dispute the results of a dispute. So I had to ask my credit card company for a chargeback, which ultimately ended in my favor.

10. RKDallas

RKDallas Member

A single transaction can be egregious enough that its plenty to form a good judgement about a person.

If a seller tells you at least three time they are going to do something and they don’t do it. That’s a problem. If they threaten you with physical violence. That’s a problem. If they refuse to give money back after they won’t ship. That a problem.

Are you saying that’s not enough? It’s all one transaction.

If you’d like buy something from him I can get you his contact information. And you can form your own opinion. But be certain give him multiple chances because his behavior may improve.

11. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

Account disabled when I just looked, having found this thread.

VintageChime likes this.
  12. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Supporting Member

I did one sale on there (Fractal Axe 2) and it ended well. Buyer paid and I shipped. The flow of the sale seemed odd and the buyer had some strange questions for a guy who was buying a Fractal. It weirded me out a bit.

Ive got stuff on there now that no one has shown any interest in.

13. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

Whenever I see a Reverb reply like this, I hear Mark Zuckerberg saying it.

Scott L likes this.
  14. danoverb

danoverb Member

Am I really that bad?

Jayyj, Dr Bonkers, mw63 and 1 other person like this.
  15. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

No, sometimes you just have to ignore stuff on here, you already explained that that guy has been suspended, and you are looking into how this may have slipped your systems...

MoarGear likes this.
  16. juri

juri Member

I agree with you that he should be kicked off Reverb and your feedback should have stayed. Just wondering how many feedbacks he got, if he was a quick shipper, etc... that would have disqualified him as well prior to your feedback.

17. mifar55

mifar55 Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've sold 10 guitars in the last 3 months without any problems on Reverb. I've also bought some guitars without problems. I sold a lot of guitars on this forum but, things slowed up here and, I seem to get a quicker response on Reverb.

18. VICOwner

VICOwner Supporting Member

Guys, I’m really sorry to hear about your troubles with Reverb. I’ve had a few issues with purchases but they were resolved quickly. I sell also. I want everyone to be informed of the true condition of what I sell with the description and pictures. I’m not big on refunds but if something is wrong I know how I would feel. Reverb doesn’t pay me until I ship. Maybe it’s because I ship really quickly, who knows.
    Packing an amp in bubble wrap is “BAD “!! They need foam. The delivery is going to drop it!! It’s big and bulky.
    FRAGILE. Ha Ha. Come on, let’s do it right.

19. Page of Cups

Page of Cups Member

I immediately noticed in your original post the lack something important, an action on your part to inform Reverb. I can't find the moment in which you contacted Reverb to tell them you had a deadbeat and physically threatening seller. Reverb doesn't automatically monitor interactions with algorithms as Facebook and Twitter does, but they will quickly help settle a dispute when they are informed there is one.

20. FlamesAreWicked

FlamesAreWicked Supporting Member

I’ve used reverb to buy and sell over the last few years.. I think from this point in time forward.. Ill either delete my account or only use it for an occasional purchase when I can’t find it locally.