Reverb.com Power Users - Any Way To Block a Buyer?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guitar Josh, May 2, 2016.

1. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I keep getting ridiculous offers from one particular buyer and I'd just rather block him from future listings. I hunted around the website but couldn't find the answer - does anyone know if you block a bidder like you can on eBay?

2. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

Counter him at 50% above list price.

pbmw and JiveTurkey like this.
  3. Probos

Probos Supporting Member

I had a similar problem last year. Guy was just giving ridiculous blow-ball offers. After 3-4 of them with me declining them all his a-hole side started to show. Got me pretty pissed off -- I looked for a way to block him but couldn't find anything. I just ended up ignoring him and he eventually stopped.

Maybe contact the folks at Reverb? See if they can help.

4. WeimyWoodson

WeimyWoodson Member

Want to bump an old thread, have they found a way to block someone yet?

Guy messages me today, right off the bat insulting what I have up and what I'm asking for it, tries of offer about half of my list. I tell him firmly no, and that if he's going to offer such a low price he shouldn't be such an ass in the first two lines. He gives me some more crap about it saying how he can get the same guitar in excellent condition for some low price. Wished him luck but now I'd rather just block this clown.

84superchamp likes this.
  5. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

I can't help but fully support your efforts.:aok

6. sitedrifter

sitedrifter Gold Supporting Member

What is a ridiculously low offer? I mean it is relative to the asking price being realistic right? I have not had any issues on Reverb and do have the 65% low ball offer limit checked.
    Am I not a power seller, but am I a preferred seller, yes and maybe that is the reason I do not get low ball offers?

7. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

So why didn't he buy it?

I get this all the time...."I can buy it for blah-blah price"...I tell them "So why don't you buy it?"...that usually shuts them up.

pbmw likes this.
  8. pbmw

pbmw Member

I think it's pretty simple.
    Just don't respond

9. rambleon

rambleon Supporting Member

No idea how to block someone but it can be amusing sometimes. Typically if someone makes a really low offer, I counter-offer the amount I'm willing to sell for. If they continue to make a lower offer than that, I just decline. It usually ends there. Recently however, i had someone constantly making low offers on a pedal. After being declined by me 3 times he ended up making an offer that was actually a little higher than my previous counter-offer. Naturally I accepted. I think sometimes people get so sucked into trying to get a bargain, they lose track of what they're actually doing.

cutaway and 84superchamp like this.
  10. WeimyWoodson

WeimyWoodson Member

I did, then he proceed to trash it even more. Maybe a mute would be a nicer feature.

11. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    There is no way to block on Reverb. I asked them about this a while back. I was getting emails through their messaging system from someone who was clearly unhinged. Reverb gave me some limp, feel good response about how they don't have a block function because they're a community of musicians and blocking wouldn't foster that, blah, blah, etc. They claimed "we're not ok with his behavior" and promised they would "take care of things" on their end. They did nothing. The guy sent me over 30 emails in 3 days. Many of which were profanity laced.