Reverb extremely bad business practices

RKDallas

So what was the invoice for?

A guy bought a guitar from me and wanted to return it. I accepted the return and refunded his money.

This occurred after Reverb sent the money to my account. The money is sitting there. I presumed they would take it out the same way they put it in.

There was zero communication until they suspended my account out of the blue.

I was a actually expecting to see some communication from them but their first mode of communication was account suspension. Nothing else.

Ferg Deluxe

Platinum Supporting Member
If you pay the invoice, does that unlock your account and all is well? Or is the account simply deleted and gone forever?

If it’s the first, sounds like there’s no issue here, if the invoice is correct.

If it’s the second, then yeah, I’d be irate too.

dcburn

Silver Supporting Member
I realize I am ignorant here, but I have bought and sold quite a lot on Reverb. Five star reviews. I have never once owed Reverb money. After all my transactions. So I imagine you are using some feature of Reverb's that is a help but is not free? Which would lead me to believe that you knew or should have known you owed money to Reverb for their services...

I am on my second account with Reverb myself. A while back, I sold a combo amp but never really did the math on fees and I got hit hard. Blew up, cancelled my account. F@#k Reverb!

******** Reverb, still using the platform today...

Honestly seems like you are in the wrong here. If you don't tend to your billing on any website, and your account gets suspended, it's not the companies fault it yours. I'd probably err on the side of caution here to be honest, as your post seems to be flirting with harassment. Did Reverb ever get back to you?

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
I ordered a used PedalPower 3+ on Friday November 19. On November 22 I messaged the seller and asked to send me the tracking number when he ships my order. He informed me that he will send it the next day, the 23rd. On the 24th I messaged him again, asking him to let me know if he could ship it that day, if not I would like a refund to purchase it elsewhere. He told me that he would send it that day. The next day I requested a refund and the guy didn’t answered my message. The next day I involved Reverb. On the 27th he denied the refund and messaged me a tracking number. The days went by and when tracking it the message was that the sender printed the label and they wait to drop the package.
I asked the guys at Reverb what’s their buyer’s protection and if they have a limit on the days that they give to the seller to send the package and their answer was
“There is not technically a limit - we give the sellers three business days. If they are beyond that we push them to ship this or refund it and step in as necessary to complete this process.”
Yesterday the seller send a package, 15 days after I payed for it, and I’m really anxious on what I will receive.

Cheddar Kung Pao

I ordered a used PedalPower 3+ on Friday November 19. On November 22 I messaged the seller and asked to send me the tracking number when he ships my order. He informed me that he will send it the next day, the 23rd. On the 24th I messaged him again, asking him to let me know if he could ship it that day, if not I would like a refund to purchase it elsewhere. He told me that he would send it that day. The next day I requested a refund and the guy didn’t answered my message. The next day I involved Reverb. On the 27th he denied the refund and messaged me a tracking number. The days went by and when tracking it the message was that the sender printed the label and they wait to drop the package.
I asked the guys at Reverb what’s their buyer’s protection and if they have a limit on the days that they give to the seller to send the package and their answer was
“There is not technically a limit - we give the sellers three business days. If they are beyond that we push them to ship this or refund it and step in as necessary to complete this process.”
Yesterday the seller send a package, 15 days after I payed for it, and I’m really anxious on what I will receive.

some people are unfortunately flakey like this. Make sure to leave accurate feedback about him taking forever to ship even if you do end up with the item. Hope everything turns out ok.

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Reverb.com should immediately call me for paid advisory. That would be their best bet.
I'd eliminate BS like this>>>>>>There is a place for product specs. I saw the ad below, nothing on neck dimensions, nothing on weight, nothing on mods and a guestimate of the year. And it is from a guitar store? Here is a similar ad in an auto magazine; "Chevy has a small dent on the rear bumper" It is not just shop owners.

https://reverb.com/item/47629682-gibson-melody-maker-1962-1966

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
I’m waiting to see what I will receive and then I will leave a detailed feedback.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve had two customers reach out a month after sale and day they didn’t receive the item. One was a signature delivery and they said they got it a few days later but weeks after the delivery signature date. The other I just got this morning.

I’m starting to get nervous about buyers doing shady things on there. I got scammed out of a $500 MacBook on eBay a few years back and moved t reverb. Nowhere else to go if scammers take over there…

modavis99

Silver Supporting Member
One of the great things about selling on TGP is you can track a person’s posts and buying/selling feedback, but you can also text or call to get a sense of the person you’re dealing with. I used to send checks and money orders in the mail to TGP members after just a brief conversation. Maybe I got lucky but I’ve never had a bad deal here

Softpaw

A guy bought a guitar from me and wanted to return it. I accepted the return and refunded his money.
This occurred after Reverb sent the money to my account.

The money is sitting there. I presumed they would take it out the same way they put it in.

Why presume that?

I've never used Reverb, but I looked up their refund procedure after a refund has been initiated by a seller:

"What Happens After the Refund is Sent through Reverb Payments?
  • Reverb refunds the buyer.
  • The amount refunded will be held as a negative balance in your Reverb account.
  • That negative balance will be deducted from your Reverb Payments payouts from future sales.
  • If you have not sold enough gear to cover that refund in full within 14 days, your billing credit card on file will be charged for the outstanding amount you owe to Reverb. We cannot bill negative balances to PayPal accounts or to bank accounts.
  • Any Payout Reverb Balance on your account will also be used first to go against any negative balances on your Reverb account. "

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom