Reverb feedback rant

Meriphew

Does it annoy you when you sell something on Reverb, and you go the extra mile to communicate well, be polite, ship the very well packed item very promptly in the exact condition that you thoroughly described in your ad in which you had the item priced at a very very fair price, then after you leave the buyer a 5 star rating, they never reciprocate with any feedback for you? I know - first world problems and no big deal and all, but whatever happened to common courtesy?

The_Bell

I hear you, it goes both ways with certain sellers. I had a recent e-bay purchase where the seller waited until the return window closed, even after I rated him perfectly and sent a personal message that the item was perfect and no issues.

monty

Yes it is annoying.I also try to go the extra mile so a buyer is comfortable and I feel more comfy once I know they aren't going to try to blackmail me with neg feedback. Not sure it's lack of courtesy or laziness.

dcbc

I agree that it's annoying. But I do what I believe to be the right thing and leave the feedback (on either side of the transaction) when the other side has done a good job. During this life, I've learned that doing the right thing is what I want to do regardless of the decisions others make.

/sometimes, I don't always do the right thing, but that's my goal

3waytie4last

Unfluencer
Platinum Supporting Member
As a seller, I won't leave feedback for a couple weeks to maybe a month after a transaction to make sure the buyer isn't pulling any buyer's remorse or test drive shenanigans. It's literally the only power the seller has.

As a buyer, I usually wait for the weekend after I receive it to spend some time with new gear, then I'll leave feedback.

I actually have several more transactions on the Emporiums here than indicated by my trading profile, but people never left feedback. It's a relatively clumsy interface to navigate here, so whatever, but Reverb is pretty in-your-face about telling you to leave feedback.

Does it annoy you when you sell something on Reverb, and you go the extra mile to communicate well, be polite, ship the very well packed item very promptly in the exact condition that you thoroughly described in your ad in which you had the item priced at a very very fair price, then after you leave the buyer a 5 star rating, they never reciprocate with any feedback for you? I know - first world problems and no big deal and all, but whatever happened to common courtesy?
Millennials.

LordThurisaz

I don't bother typing anything for the typical prompt shipping, etc as I think it should be a given, but I do give feedback. That said, I hardly ever get feedback.

Surf Sloth

As a seller, I always leave feedback right away. I haven’t had any issues yet. I mostly do it because I hate seeing the notification. I don’t buy stuff on reverb anymore but I left a feedback in every purchase I made.

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
I agree with OP. Buyers have been very spotty with leaving feedback. I've only sold about 5-6 pedals over the last few months, have most shipped within 24 hours and still it's crickets. These are buyers with a good 300+ transactions, not neophytes.

zztomato

I have piles of great feedback so I don't really care anymore if someone doesn't bother with it. The feedback is there to help with buyer and seller confidence. If you have very little of it I can see why it might bother you.

tomasz_el

I used to have a "problem" with that as well, used to.
I mean, I like to have my "job" done properly; add tracking, send messages to the buyer with a proper tracking link, keep him updated with his package current position (as so many times they don't do it and ask me where the package is!) and after the package is being delivered, up to four days later (if I hear nothing from the seller) I just send him a messahe saying; "hope You like Your new pedal. make sure to leave me a proper feedback...I'm just leaving mine...bla bla bla". If I get nothing from them, I just leave my feedback and carry on with my life ;) I mean, I did everything I could, reverb staff have records of my actions and that's it.

spentron

Some people probably just never think about it, or they might have a minor complaint and think it's better just not say anything at all. I know I get some stuff from ebay for my job where I'm not the person actually ordering it and I have no idea if any feedback is ever left. I've considered myself too much in a hurry to check or worry about it. This isn't musical instruments and mostly small items but just one way the situation is a little more complicated.

Trending Topics