Reverb guys! Why run a Wet and a Bluesky?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ComanchePlayer, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Are there things the Wet does that a Bluesky doesn't?

I mean the way I'm looking at it, if I run 2 Blueskies. I can set one for ambient sound, then have 3 other settings available with the other pedal and 2 favorite switches. You can't get that diversity on tap with the wet.

Someone tell me what I'm missing with the Wet.

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

The Wet sounds better, the BlueSky has the trix.

3. JHVRay

JHVRay Member

:agree :phones

4. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Is there something that doesn't come through on the videos, becuase I think they both sound fantastic.

5. ethompson

ethompson Member

They do just get both. They both sound great and do different things!

6. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

By the time you get 2 BSR's... you're $100 over the SPACE. Which can do way more than either pairing mentioned.

And I don't like the Wet. May well be the only person on this board who wasn't impressed by it... but aside from cranked-depth 'infinite' thing, it didn't do much for me.

I like the BSR. Simpler and more limited than the Space, obviously — but slightly more natural sounding to my ears.

7. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

I've decided I don't like "real" reverb sounds. Maybe that's why I like the wet so much.

8. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I pretty much agree with this. The BlueSky can sound similar but it just doesn't have that magic sound the Wet has. I 100% understand now why people have both. The Wet melds into your sound much better, the BSR sounds more seperated and in top of your sound. The BSR also can easily sound like its taking over your tone versus being one with your sound like the Wet.
    My application for both:
    Wet- sweet subtle ambience or infinite decay that warm and melds into my sound
    BSR- shimmer or spring or room verbs that are more traditional.

9. elevenstrings

elevenstrings Member

Pretty much sums up why I have both on my board.

10. mrphotosales

mrphotosales Member

I use the wet near infinite and use the BSR for normal reverb and shimmer.

11. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

I agree, the BSR (along with most realistic reverbs ) gets way too boomy and "in yo face" for me. The RV5 + Stereo Wet is my favorite combo right now. I set both with long decay but low mix and it adds the perfect texture. It doesn't sound "natural" or realistic, but it is freaking awesome and it just melds with my tone beautifully.

12. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Yea but even a BSR + Wet is gonna run ya within a few bucks of the space, so why not just go that route if one pedal can do it all?

I don't see people talk so much about the space when the reverb discussion comes up. Why not?

13. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I've owned both and I preferred the Blue Sky. The Wet sounded nice as well but the BSR was more transparent when the effect was engaged. Also, the BSR was a lot more versatile.

14. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Because you don't have enough money to buy a Space? :p

15. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

It's really a pretty intense pedal. Lots of options = lots of tweaking... and I don't think that's what most people here are after. Especially the true "tone hunter" types.

And I don't understand the "on top of your sound" complaint with the BSR at all. I've noticed that I have to be a little more conscious of the 'mix' level, in relation to the damping controls... but that's something I've not been able to personally validate.

16. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

And to more directly answer your question about "can the wet do things the BSR can't"... I honestly would say no. The BSR can basically and vaguely do the Wet sound, it can approximate it... but it's not near as good at doing what the Wet does. Trust me I've tried for hours.

17. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I was skeptical kinda like you about "why can't the BlueSky sound just like the Wet" just a little while back. Then I bought a Stereo Wet and immediately understood what everyone was talking about.
    And then even after that I spent a very long time trying to make the BSR sound like the Wet, and I only got a approximation of it... therefore warranting owning both. To be honest, for me the only reason the BSR is sticking around right now is for Shimmer swells. The Room Shimmer with the 5th + Octave Shimmer for swells is pretty amazing sounding.

18. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Oh yes I do! :p

19. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Thanks for that, and thanks everyone for chiming in. The info helps me greatly, I want to put my money where I have the best chance of being happy. Your all helping me do that.

20. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I didn't understand it either until I played the Wet.

But your are right, with the BSR you do have to be careful dialing in the Mix and Damp controls.