Reverb noise Classic 30

bschmoove

I recently bought a newish tweed Peavey Classic 30 and I love it.
But when I use the amp reverb it seems to produce a feedback-like hum which stays pretty low. As soon as I hit the switch to turn it off, the hum stops.
Any other C30 owners experience this?
Is this solely a C30 problem or do other amps have this problem?
Thanks in advance for the help.

bschmoove

Let me add it sits on top of my workbench which is chest level so the amp is emitting right into my Tele.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
IIRC Ive had reverb feedback when the tank was too tightly fastened to the cab. Might try loosening it up a bit if it is. Feedback and hum are different though. Does it get worse as the reverb is turned up? If its more of a hum make sure the connections are well seated to the tank. Bob

Jlew

My classic 30 does the same. I haven't bothered to fix it, but apparently if you cushion the reverb tank a bit so it has less firm contact with the bottom of the cabinet, it will help.

hank57

Try different guitar? Try moving away from amp? Set the amp on the ground? The reverb circuit is a little amp of its own and can feedback and hum depending on your location to it.

hank57

Good coomments from c30 owners. The fender tank has a piece of cardboard on the open side and then a vinyl bag and the screws go through edges of the bag instead of the tank. Lots of dampening right there.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I don't notice the feedback issue, but I do notice that using reverb on huge classic 30 increases the background noise of the amp. At least on the to c30s my friend has.

racine2000

If you do end up changing the chip it is ic 4558... No soldering needed, just pop the old one out and pop in the new one...

Trending Topics